JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Chase Card Services consists of two businesses: Consumer and Small Business and Commercial Card. The No. 1 credit card issuer in the U.S. based on loans outstanding.
Consumer and Small Business offers a broad array of credit cards to meet the needs of individual consumers and small businesses. Our portfolio includes Chase-branded credit cards - Sapphire, Freedom, Ink and Slate as well as co-branded credit cards offered in partnership with well-known brands and organizations, including AARP, Amazon, Disney, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many others in the United States and Canada.
Ink is seeking a Senior Associate to drive product and capability development efforts to meet the needs of small businesses owners. This position will work to identify opportunities for Ink that provide customer value, create product differentiation, and increase customer loyalty while maintaining a healthy profitability profile. The role will involve competitive analysis, market research, and execution around both traditional and digital products/features.
- Collaborate across the Ink team to deliver a high quality set of products and customer experiences
- As an integral team member seeking to expand our current product suite, collaborate on competitive analysis, identifying customer needs and testing product concepts through market research. Effectively interpret market research findings, and evaluate concept viability
- Create business cases to support new product development
- Development of product positioning in coordination with Ink Brand team
- Support digital innovation and capabilities development
- Own and execute projects that affect the total Ink portfolio, driving expense-savings, revenue-generation and growth for existing Ink products
- Spearhead analyses on P&L drivers including coordination with Analytics, Associations, Pricing, Ultimate Rewards teams among others
- Partner with Ink Customer Marketing team to determine messaging strategy and execute communications
- Champion initiatives through control processes such as Rewards Governance, Product Trade COE, Strategic Priority Assessment, etc. as applicable
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as finance, Marketing Services, Ultimate Rewards/Rewards Operations to ensure seamless execution
- Lead liaison with Product Trade and Pricing Centers of Excellence for Ink products, supporting pricing initiatives (e.g., Change in Terms), and product trade issues.
Other duties include
- Maintain knowledge and deep understanding of all Ink products, serving as a reference for teammates to understand impacts to projects, analyses and decisions impacting the business card customer base
- Manage several marketing pieces for all Ink products including card carriers and statements, ensuring annual reviews and making updates as needed
- Maintain up-to-date list of product-centric marketing claims to ensure they’re active and used properly
- Provide a product positioning perspective on marketing collateral for both Acquisitions and Portfolio
- Bachelor's Degree is required, analytical coursework a plus
4+ years of experience in marketing, strategy or product management
Aptitude for problem solving, including structured thinking and strong analytical skills
Proficiency at identifying business opportunities by using customer insights, market research, product economics and existing product data to drive future product investment decisions
Ability to drive initiatives across multiple areas of the organization through influencing skills and effective communication
An innate customer-centric point of view and empathy
Strong team player with a positive attitude