Commercial Banking – Lead: Controls and Risk Management & Analytics VP Grade 603
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan Chase & Co brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking provides comprehensive solutions, including lending and treasury services, to corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, as well as real estate investors and owners.
The GSC in India has operational teams that provide support to CB across multiple functions. The largest group of operation teams in the GSC provide services to Wholesale Loan Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business. These functions include loan documentation, closing and funding, payment and fee processing, syndication loan and trade processing, credit administration and collateral perfection and management. The GSC executes many of these functions as part of WLS. Non- WLS functions that the GSC supports includes activities like CBCO, Credit Operations, KYC QC, Business Management, Expense Report Management and Centralized Testing functions.
This role resides within the GSC and is matrixed into the WLS Process, Risk and Control organization. It supports the team’s responsibility for ensuring effective implementation of the operational risk framework across the GSC function, as well as providing advisory support on matters related to operational risk management. This position collaborates and partners with the broader WLS management team, the CB Controls Group and other functional support groups (Compliance, Audit, Finance, etc.) to develop and drive operational controls and to ensure that operational risks and issues are appropriately identified, escalated and mitigated.
- Review workflows to minimize risks associated with the process& improve overall control environment.
- Sample checks of work against set procedures and SPOT checks form part of profile.
- Management of the RCSA program deliverables.
- Development, maintenance and ongoing enhancement of process controls incl. initiation of projects, where required
- Implementation of controls to mitigate process risks in case of Operational Errors / Near Misses/Exceptions
- Strong Stakeholder Engagement to ensure identification of issues, quick completion of action plans via scheduled platforms as well as opportunities to deliver back via training/awareness sessions
- Rollout regular training programs — esp. regards aspects like Controls Along the Transaction Lifecycle, Risk Reporting, SOX, Audit etc. or specific/need based ones incl. policies & procedures
- Review key risk indicator framework; Scorecards, Dashboards to ensure appropriateness of Metrics / KPIs and facilitate business reviews
- Monitor compliance of policies and procedures relative to risk exposure
- End to end reviews of transitioning processes, discuss/escalate issues, develop robust culture of tracking & reporting metrics after go-live
- Ensure excellent internal audit ratings; co-ordinate all internal & external audits
- Ensure compliance to required procedures & governance practices
Risk Management & Analytics
Delivers non-core operational risk and control efforts for WLS. Efforts include and are not limited to:
Risk and Controls process reviews
Provide process risk and controls expertise on WLS Technology related efforts
Risk Event Remediation
Office of Legal Obligation Applicability reviews
Data Quality risk efforts
Collaborates with global WLS risk teams to manage capacity and forecast delivery of required risk and control efforts
Collaborates and delivers projects & efforts across locations in the GSCs
Maintain the WLS Process, Risk and Controls strategy and approach for continuous improvement and evolution of controls and risk management
Lead various special risk and control projects as assigned that support WLS functional teams, CB Legal, CB Controls and other key stakeholders in ongoing efforts
Deliver accurate status reports and appropriate risk reporting for monthly reviews and other reporting
Maintain awareness of significant risk and control issues within the business and integrate as appropriate into efforts.
Maintain awareness of significant changes impacting the business, both internally and externally, and ensure appropriate actions to accommodate or address within ongoing efforts