As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
We are looking for individual who will be responsible for the design, develop, and maintain the strategic ultra low latency trading platform for the region. The position will also contribute significantly to the front office trading team in terms of pre and post-trade analysis and the design of low latency strategies.
- Design, develop, and maintain the cutting edge electronic market marking system for Equity Derivative Products
- Design, develop, and maintain the next generation low latency trading platform
- Work closely with traders to define the specification / requirements for their trading needs
- Provide a meaningful contribution to trading strategies; help traders to maximise revenue and minimise loss potential
- Help traders to perform pre and post-trade analysis to fine tune the trading strategies / parameters
- Exhibit sound judgment under pressure in handling time critical situations
- Ensure all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key technology developments in market making and low latency trading both within and outside the firm
- Understand firm's approach and policies for control and governance related to electronic trading
- Build foundation of trust with traders by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
Proficiency in C++ with strong hands-on coding experience.
Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
Specific knowledge in the following areas:
Electronic Market Making
Low latency trading
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Consisting of over 3,000 technologists, with a global span, the Equities, Derivatives & FX and Securities Processing Technology group provides software development services to deliver, maintain and support strategic, high-performing and secure technology platforms including world-class algorithmic and electronic trading capabilities. We provide platforms allowing our clients to grow and protect their portfolios, optimize their efficiency and maximize opportunities. We also support Global Clearing, Prime Brokerage, Risk and PnL, Finance and Accounting Technology, Client Intelligence and Recon Technology.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.