Commercial Banking Marketing Manager: Chicago, IL (Columbus, OH or Dallas)
As a Commercial Banking Marketing Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic marketing plans designed to increase sales and grow market share for the Specialized Industry groups within the Middle Market business. You will work directly with industry leadership, bankers and sales support to identify their needs in conjunction with developing targeted marketing initiatives. Current marketing plans include event management, thought leadership strategy and distribution, content development, communications, marketing collateral and social. You will also work closely with your Commercial Banking Marketing, Communications and Client Experience partners including market intelligence, creative services, digital, media relations and communications.
Industry verticals include: technology, life sciences, agribusiness, government, higher ed, not-for-profit, healthcare, beverage, heavy equipment, multinational corporations and oilfield services.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Develop strategic marketing plans and initiatives to support business goals for reach industry vertical
• Manage the planning of events including: idea generation, venue selection, budget management, internal/external communications, etc. in partnership with local sales support teams
• Develop thought leadership content creation opportunities for each vertical and collaborate Commercial Bank marketing partners on distribution
• Manage marketing budget with ongoing monitoring and reporting
• Analyze marketing program initiatives for effectiveness, ROI Analysis and evaluation
• Gather and use attendee feedback to suggest refinement of sales and marketing tactics as well as future enhancements.
• Grow strong relationships with industry leadership to be seen as value additive partner
• Identify the competitor and business trends of the region
• Share synergies and best practices across industries where appropriate
• Collaborate with the various functional areas of Commercial Banking Marketing (creative services, communications, etc.) to manage invitations, ad requests, collateral, content development etc.
• Engage with other lines of business and firm partners (i.e. Private Banking, MLTs, Government Relations, Philanthropy, etc.) to ensure market connectivity and coordination
• Provide support of national initiatives and programs led by the Senior Marketing Manager
• Manage three junior marketing team members aligned to each industry vertical
• Provide training and guidance to the markets on how to use central marketing tools
• We are seeking confident, professional, and career motivated self-starter to join a team that is passionate about marketing
• Creative and solution-oriented problem solver, with a strong customer focus
• Bachelor's degree required
• Team management experience required
• 7+ years of relevant and proven event marketing experience, preferably in B2B markets; category marketing experience a plus
• Outstanding organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
• Sought out by leaders for proactive consulting and problem-solving
• Excellent negotiating and influence skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage projects across businesses, functions, and geographic locations
• Highly detail oriented, forward-thinking and proactive
• Expertise with Excel (e.g. data manipulation and analysis, equations, etc.) and PowerPoint (creating and editing presentations)
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
• High degree of professionalism and flexibility
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with coworkers , clients and senior management to build lasting relationships
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.