Business Area Description
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 1000+ within JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization and covers the following functions
- Execution Services Technology comprising of:
o Electronic Trading (Execution core components, Exchange Connectivity, Client on-boarding, DMA, Smart Order Routing - SoR, Algorithmic Trading, Data Analytics etc )
o Flow Sales and Trading (Front Office Sales and Trading Order Management systems and Reporting)
- Risk Management and Structured products and MRPL
- Trade Management and Cash Middle Office
- SCPP and RT
The Electronic Data Management team is responsible for supporting the Equities and Prime businesses with their pressing data needs. The mission of the team is (1) Contact point for all data. Ownership of inventory and point of escalation for all data allowing support of data questions and delivery of solutions around our data capabilities – what we have, quality, costs, how to access etc. (2) Demand management for new data ensure that it's properly on-boarded and supportable. (3) Architecture. Drive towards a standard architecture around data management, storage, access API's. Drive programs around convergence where we have duplicative solutions (4) Operational support for data that has been on-boarded.
Our team is focused, collaborative, and driven. We are looking for a self-starter to join the Application Developer team to work on a variety of projects focused towards delivering the Equities Data Management team’s mission.
6+ years of relevant experience
· Data remediation projects: require examples of having remediated data sets
· Data management/governance experience
· Analysis skills, Data Modelling (ERD’s) / UML modelling / RDBMS
· Proficient SQL
· Python/scripting experience
· Data domain knowledge in one or more of: Equities, Equities Derivatives, Market Data, Reference data e.g. corporate actions.
· Worked on large data sets and how to optimise data comparison of large volume of data: TBs
· Able to discuss confidently with Quants and traders in financial centre locations.
· Responsive. Well organised. Works on own initiative. Methodical. Persistent. Can navigate firm wide processes.
· Diligent. Completer-finisher.
Nice to have:
· Audit/Forensic background
· Strong Maths & Statistics experience
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.