J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth
management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset & Wealth Management Private Bank Credit Middle Office Quality Control (QC) Team is a dedicated team of specialists focused on ensuring the quality of loan documentation supporting credit transactions. The QC Team is responsible for ensuring adherence to policy and procedures, and maintaining the highest standard of quality for our loan documentation that is subsequently provided to clients. The QC Team is a critical part of safeguarding the business by reviewing information on file, and newly prepared loan documentation. The functions performed by this team are critical
to protecting the bank from regulatory and credit risks, and our clients’ experience. The successful Analyst exercises sound and independent judgment, has a willingness to take on projects to meet business goals, and takes ownership of tasks with a sense of urgency. This role is specifically dedicated to reviewing legal documentation that is prepared by outside attorneys (Outside Counsel - "OSC").
The QC Reviewer will be part of a team with the following responsibilities across the Private Bank Americas (Domestic) portfolio:
- Review and understand credit requests and evaluate the documentation required for the transaction.
- Review and understand credit agreement terms after financial analysis and credit approval (review of Credit Approval Memorandums, in partnership with Credit Risk).
- Thorough understanding of real estate documents, UCC searches, equipment evaluations, and stock verifications; commercial and residential real estate regulatory requirements, valuation methods, and lien perfections; legal documentation and credit policies and guidelines will be required to effectively deliver an accurate closing package.
- Understanding of loan sales and the underwriting process will also be required.
- Ensure client reference data is correctly reflected in all documentation (inclusive if data found in Credit Risk Infrastructure (CRI) and Credit Workstation).
- Partner closely with other Credit Middle Office Operations Teams, Credit Risk, Internal Legal Counsels, Front Office Partners (Lending Advisors) to solution for accuracy.
- Provide timely feedback regarding missing or inaccurate data elements for resolution prior to expected client closing date.
- Prioritize reviews in a fast-paced production environment to meet client expectations for document delivery.
- Manage initiatives to resolve control gaps and enhance current processes for further efficiency and effectiveness as needed.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Solid understanding of legal documentation, and/or loan closing activities within the credit lifecycle
- College degree in a relevant field or related work experience
- High level of proficiency in organizing, priority-setting, and issues management
- Relationship management and interpersonal skill, especially with business partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to review processes and recommend process improvements
- Understanding of controls and their importance across process lifecycle and the business operating model
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to positively influence change and maintain a positive change management environment
- Strong teamwork approach
- Strong pro-active individual initiative
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must be a results-oriented team player
- Intermediate Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint) encouraged
- Knowledge of bank systems and loan/credit operations a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.