J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Chief Administrative Office Operations team supports compliance, and manages and maintains reference data to ensure that our customers, employees, and lines of business are in adherence with firm standards and required regulations.
Our mission is to improve the quality of reference data used across the organization and provide compliance operational support across the firm’s global businesses and functions. We are driving a culture of quality and continuous improvement toward the best outcome for client experience, our colleagues and JPMorgan Chase. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase.
The Corporate KYC Operations organization sits within the Chief Administrative Office Operations (CAO Ops) in JPMorgan Chase. The organization works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) to implement and operate a sustainable and scalable operational process supporting clients along the Know Your Customer (KYC) lifecycle. This includes functions such as data collection, completion of the KYC profile, client screening, targeted local language and English language research, comparing and analyzing client profiles across all lines of business and quality assurance. This team will also produce metrics around the work they perform.
The role is responsible for ascertaining that all KYC and AML policies are adhered to and will be responsible for conducting reviews of client’s KYC documentation stored in internal repositories and publicly available information, performing the necessary screening against relevant search engines and sanction lists and communicate any additional deficiencies back to the business.
The primary responsibility of team lead is to oversee a small team of KYC Operations Analysts and Reviewers to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and to drive high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships.
The team lead must have excellent customer service standards to define, analyze, and resolve inquiries and escalations and must be able to closely manage day to day operations of the team/department. The KYC team lead must proactively and strategically improve processes to ensure team members are high performing and meeting the firm wide quality standard.
- Understanding and implementation of KYC standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Selection, performance management, and overall development of employees within their assigned team
- Perform day to day management of a team of KYC Operations Analysts and Reviewers, including coaching and providing ongoing performance feedback
- Conducts analysis of daily/monthly metrics to track performance of individual team members over time to evaluate performance, learning, and capability
- Effectively address any issues that might be escalated by either internal or external customers
- Identify special training needs that may benefit team members to increase team efficiency and quality
- Proactively highlight potential issues to management
- Drive Process improvements and implement process changes as necessary
- Identify root causes, understand connections and implications and evaluate alternatives
- Make decisions that are effective and well-grounded based on guidelines, policies, and insights
- Create an effective and efficient team through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate supervisory practices
- Be flexible to multi task and effectively manage priorities across the wider function
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Graduate Degree
- 10-15 years experience in the Financial Services industry with a demonstrated track-record of delivery and/or relevant experience in Compliance and KYC
- Proven track record of ongoing coaching, educating and directing a team.
- Experience with leading a new team with limited Subject Matter Expertise
- Outstanding client management, partnership building, leadership and direct experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues and senior management
- Strong relationship building skills to influence/negotiate desired outcomes
- Ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to see a successful resolution
- Experience with the build out and execution of a new team or procedures
- Ability to identify risks and issues and successfully navigate through to completion
- Possess strong computer skills: Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-reliance and willingness to "own" problems and creatively find solutions
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Foster and champion High Performance Culture where people are empowered to make decisions that affect their work/environment
- Develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes