JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice.
Consumer and Small Business offers a broad array of credit cards to meet the needs of individual consumers and small businesses. Our portfolio includes Chase-branded credit cards - Sapphire, Freedom, Ink and Slate as well as co-branded credit cards offered in partnership with well-known brands and organizations, including AARP, Amazon, Disney, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many others in the United States and Canada.
The Card Services Lead Data Steward will be responsible for improving data quality, consistency, and issue resolution while ensuring Card elements are managed within the CCB Data Governance standards. The function will work with key business stakeholders to complete root cause analysis and determine impacts, ensure effective data monitoring is conducted and controlled mechanisms for correcting bad data are in place. The Card Services Data Steward is responsible for understanding the relative importance of a data element to the Card business objectives and ensuring the elements are being effectively managed by the numerous operational teams that interact with a particular element.
• Individual contributor representing Card Services in understanding, disseminating, and adopting applicable policies, standards and processes impacting Card data.
• Work with the CCB Data Governance teams, project teams, and Operations teams to define governance processes supporting Card Services business objectives.
• Review and recommend changes to operational processes and procedures to ensure alignment with established data management practices while meeting Card Services business objectives.
• Act as a point of contact for Card Data elements and the associated business processes reliant upon those elements.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis as required on data elements and associated usage.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate and accurate metrics and reports are created and maintained for relevant Card data elements and associated issue resolution procedures are effectively executed.
• Formulate recommendations for the priority in which an identified data issue is addressed.
• Responsible for validating new/existing data quality validation rules and thresholds for Critical Data Elements.
• Assist in performing and/or validating root cause analysis and associated impact assessments for data quality issues impacting Card Services.
• Proactively identify data quality issues through the use of ad-hoc analysis, data monitoring reports, and customer and advisor feedback.
• Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline preferred or related equivalent work experience.
• Requires minimum of 5 years of related analytical experience in any of the following disciplines. Business analysis, Reporting, Data usage, Process Analysis, Process Improvement, or Technology Development/Support.
• Understanding of the credit card industry and business, including operational processes.
• Experience working with the data systems supporting the credit card business, including experience writing queries and analyzing related queries.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to understand business and technical functions, process information quickly and assess impacts to data elements.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
• 3+ years of SAS and/or SQL experience
• Advanced MS Office suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.