Global Philanthropy - Employee Engagement & Volunteerism Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
The mission of the JPMorgan Chase Global Philanthropy department is to enable more people to contribute to and share in the rewards of a growing economy. We believe that reducing inequality and creating widely-shared prosperity requires collaboration of business, government, nonprofit and other civic organizations, particularly in the cities and metropolitan regions that power economic growth.
In 2016, the firm and its Foundation gave nearly $250 million to nonprofit organizations across the U.S. and in 40 countries around the world. In addition, more than 50,000 JPMorgan Chase employees provided 325,000 hours of volunteer service in the communities where they live and work. The Employee Engagement and Volunteerism team manages JPMorgan Chase’s portfolio of employee volunteer programs which engages employees in strategic volunteerism and workplace giving.
Global Philanthropy is currently seeking an Analyst to support its Employee Engagement & Volunteerism (EEV) team. The EEV Analyst will provide critical program support to the Volunteer Leadership Group program (VLG), which is an employee-led volunteer effort that engages employees in more than 80 markets around the globe and is the firm’s largest volunteerism program. The VLG team helps match the interests and passions of employees to meaningful and needed community service where the firm operates.
The EEV Analyst will support the VLG team in all phases of program management, from program design through program execution and post-program monitoring and evaluation. The Analyst will need to quickly develop familiarity with our engagement strategies that support the broader employee population, ranging from senior leaders to market leaders to internal stakeholders. To be successful in this role, the Analyst will have an interest in program management, process improvement, corporate volunteerism and philanthropy.
• Respond to employees about the Good Works Volunteer Program
• Review volunteer projects to verify that all activities meet EEV criteria and guidelines
• Maintain database of information on U.S. volunteer leaders and business engagement points of contact
• Create onboarding and preparatory documentation for employee volunteers
• Support creation of meaningful, high quality analytics, reports and management presentations
• Create a measurement system/ scorecards to track effectiveness of market-level employee volunteerism
• Develop programming and planning for firm wide volunteer initiatives including but not limited to Employee Appreciation Week, Giving Tuesday, and Volunteer Week
• Research employee engagement opportunities and benchmark best practices in corporate volunteer engagement
• Create surveys, consolidate feedback, and design program improvement plans
• Document current program processes and work with vendors to improve customer and operational experience for employees
• Provide logistical and program support for large scale, high-profile events with nonprofit partners
• Assist with the production of program communications materials, including newsletters and flyers, liaising with the relevant internal teams as appropriate
• Support VLG program managers to execute firm wide initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2+ years of project management experience; demonstrated capability to lead and manage projects
• Ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance, professional environment, with quick turn-around and changing priorities
• Demonstration of problem-solving skills and the ability to take initiative
• Ability to think critically and strategically about program design and implementation
• Desire to continually seek information and look for new approaches to processes and practices
• High attention to detail across all mediums of communication
• Strong focus on customer experience
• Event management and planning experience a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience working in or with the private sector is desired