Global Philanthropy - Skills-based Volunteerism Project Manager
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
The mission of the JPMorgan Chase Global Philanthropy department is to enable more people to contribute to and share in the rewards of a growing economy. We believe that reducing inequality and creating widely-shared prosperity requires collaboration of business, government, nonprofit and other civic organizations, particularly in the cities and metropolitan regions that power economic growth.
We take a comprehensive approach to increasing economic opportunity, using our firm's global scale, talent and resources to make investments and create partnerships in four priority areas: Workforce Readiness, Small Business Expansion, Financial Capability, and Community Development.
In 2016, the firm and its Foundation gave nearly $250 million to nonprofit organizations across the U.S. and in 40 countries around the world. In addition, more than 50,000 JPMorgan Chase employees provided 325,000 hours of volunteer service in the communities where they live and work.
Global Philanthropy is currently seeking an Associate to support the expansion of the firm’s skills-based employee engagement programs, which includes pro bono capacity building for nonprofits as well as work with nonprofit beneficiaries on financial education, career readiness and mentorship. The successful candidate for this role will provide critical program support to ensure that, as these programs expand, they retain quality and boost engagement.
• Support day-to-day operation of multiple pro bono programs; this includes project management and tracking, communicating with internal stakeholders throughout the process, collecting participant feedback, identifying areas for improvement and project reporting
• Assist in expanding and implementing national partnerships with financial literacy and career readiness nonprofit partners to place 1000+ employees in skilled volunteerism opportunities
• Provide logistical and program support for large scale, high-profile events that engage employees and senior executives across our lines of business
• Work with the Program Manager to improve employee recruitment and engagement
• Collaborate with relevant internal teams, including Human Resources, to gain required participant approvals
• Provide communications support, including planning and drafting written materials, to promote the impact of programs internally and externally, liaising with the relevant internal teams
• Help pilot and evaluate new models and partners for employee engagement (online platforms, small business mentoring, etc.) and testing new mentorship models for entrepreneurs
• Help build custom programs to fit the needs of the firm’s lines of business; liaise with contacts across the lines of business to make the firm’s skilled volunteerism offerings consistent in target outcomes and design features, while also relevant to business needs and interests
• Establish systems and processes to track outcomes across multiple programs for reporting to stakeholders
• Work with partners and vendors to improve customer experience for employees
• Track senior engagement and ad hoc requests for engagement
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
• Demonstrated leadership in employee engagement & volunteerism community with experience working in or with the leading non-profit, government and/or philanthropic leaders in the space
• Experience managing events, particularly with senior leaders, strongly preferred
• High level of attention to detail required
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Customer service orientation
• Demonstration of problem-solving skills and the ability to take initiative
• Ability to work in a high-performance, professional environment, with quick turn-around and changing priorities
• Creative, flexible, and collaborative with an ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrates a high degree of initiative; results-oriented
• Desire to continually seek information and look for new approaches to processes and practices
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Personal presence to represent the firm in diverse forums and organizational relationships
• Ability to multi-task