Global Philanthropy - Field Service Corps Project Manager
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
The mission of the JPMorgan Chase Global Philanthropy department is to enable more people to contribute to and share in the rewards of a growing economy. We believe that reducing inequality and creating widely-shared prosperity requires collaboration of business, government, nonprofit and other civic organizations, particularly in the cities and metropolitan regions that power economic growth.
We take a comprehensive approach to increasing economic opportunity, using our firm's global scale, talent and resources to make investments and create partnerships in four priority areas: Workforce Readiness, Small Business Expansion, Financial Capability, and Community Development.
In 2016, the firm and its Foundation gave nearly $250 million to nonprofit organizations across the U.S. and in 40 countries around the world. In addition, more than 50,000 JPMorgan Chase employees provided 325,000 hours of volunteer service in the communities where they live and work.
Global Philanthropy is currently seeking a Vice President and project manager to support the expansion of the JPMorgan Chase Service Corps, an advanced leadership development program that deploys teams of JPMorgan Chase employees to use their skills to deliver high-quality problem solving for nonprofits in markets where the firm does business. The Service Corps is the firm’s signature skills-based volunteerism program, and we are seeking a talented candidate to lead Service Corps teams in the field and work with other members of the firm’s Employee Engagement and Volunteerism team to improve the quality and reach of the program over time.
The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of and experience in employee engagement and skills-based volunteerism and will:
• Lead Service Corps teams in the field to deliver a best-in-class field-based volunteer experience; manage program launch and closing events
• Draft communications for internal and external communications needs, partnering with colleagues in Marketing and Communications
• Respond to employee interest in the program
• Create a Service Corps program communications guide to streamline Service Corps team communications
• Create a Service Corps operations manual to document the program and identify areas for improvement
• Manage program budgets to ensure proper accounting and cost discipline
• Work with the Service Corps Program Manager to improve employee recruitment
• Assess program preparatory materials and recommend improvements
• Develop process and mechanism for saving, cataloguing and sharing final project deliverables of past Service Corps teams for future reference
• Assist the Program Manager with Service Corps program alumni engagement activities
• Conduct and analyze participant and manager surveys
• Assist in relationship management of program implementation intermediary
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
• Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in program development, implementation, communications, and/or policy
• Skills needed: Program management, customer relations, financial fluency, comfort with numbers, but skilled with people including senior executives
• Demonstrated leadership in employee engagement & volunteerism with experience working in or with the leading nonprofit, government and/or philanthropic leaders
• Understanding of skills-based volunteerism in the non-profit sector
• Ability to assess the leadership, track record, fiscal health and capacity of a nonprofit organization to accept skills-based volunteers
• Familiar with basic management consulting approaches and experience in designing scopes of work for consulting engagements
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically about program design and implementation
• Strong judgement and ability to assess and manage reputational risk of program
• Intermediate to Expert use of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, with preference for PitchPro familiarity
• Positive self-starter with proactive approach, excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Creative, flexible, and collaborative with an ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrates a high degree of initiative; results-oriented
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to successfully interface with senior business executives and nonprofit leaders
• High attention to detail across all mediums of communication
• Ability to travel internationally
• Impeccable integrity, maturity and strong work ethic