J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management Operations Program Manager
JPMorgan Asset & Wealth Management is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive investment managers. We are a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. We have a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies along with investment professionals operating in every major world market, offering investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The Asset Management business is a leader across a broad range of core and alternative strategies, comprised of 1,300 investment professionals providing more than 350 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity.
As a Program Manager in the Operations function, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful design and execution of high priority efficiency initiatives.
This is a Vice President position, and you will report directly to the Head of Annuity and 529 plan Operations.
This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership and supporting a business that has ambitious long term plans for growth in a highly competitive, complex environment. Additionally, the position will be responsible for leading key initiatives, such as project management efforts for implementing the Annuity and 529 Plan platform evolution. Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with senior Operations leaders across regions to implement location strategy solution:
- Manage execution of project plans and maintain accountability for the project outcomes and realization of benefits
- Develop deployment strategy for steady state operations, manage project scope, oversee coordination of activities, facilitate issue resolution, and identify project risks
- Establish and manage appropriate governance, leadership and resources around all aspects of initiatives (e.g. people, technology, regulatory, compliance, financial)
- Ensure effective communication and escalation on overall program status, implementation plans, management issues, priorities and risks
- Monitor and enhance the control processes surrounding Operations functions to proactively manage risk
- Develop, implement & monitor performance metrics to ensure the quality and efficiency in implementing the initiatives
- Ensure that the initiatives maximize impact and effectiveness while meeting financial targets
- Develop and execute the strategy to build scalable processes that will improve the client experience, operational control and efficiency
- Work closely with business partners and other operational leaders and be able to influence business decisions from an Operations perspective
- Proactively lead the people agenda including resource planning, talent management, professional skills development, performance management & diversity
- Partner closely with global & regional managers to establish consistency and best practices
- Align the function to maximize impact and effectiveness while meeting financial targets
The successful candidate will be a demonstrated leader with a proactive, hands-on management approach and strong operational skills:
- 10-15 years of relevant project management experience
- Excellent understanding of the investment process and associated market practices with the ability to think strategically about how to create business led solutions
- Product knowledge of Investment management product offerings e.g., Annuities and 529 Plans
- Proved ability and experience in implementing large strategic initiatives with significant technology and operational component
- Strong sense of prioritization & ability to execute against deliverables. Able to take personal accountability for projects & issue resolution
- Extensive experience driving process change and efficiencies in a growing business – strong focus on execution and delivery against objectives
- Analytic problem solver with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with the business, operations, technology & other key stakeholders and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Must have prior and proven experience of managing teams
- Be able to lead, motivate and get the very best out of a high performing team of operations professionals
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Financial and budgeting skills
- Graduate/MBA (Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/other related background)