Background: UTM (Unified Transaction and Transaction Model) is the logical representation of data required to support JPMorgan’s Trade and Transaction Event Management business capability. The primary intent is to standardize the data representation of trades and transactions across JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank for all asset classes. It is to be used to develop interface definitions across applications.
The UTM team is looking to grow over the next few months.
Working alongside our data modelers, define across the range of Corporate and Investment Bank products:
• The entities and attributes necessary to provide a business definition of each product
• How a trade will be represented at each stage in its lifecycle
• Ensure that the same concept is modelled in the same way across the Corporate and Investment Bank and prevent unnecessary divergence
• Facilitate input from Operations and other line of business teams to ensure the model is grounded in the reality of business products and how they are processed
• Lead workshops engaging modelers and the business to agree modelling per product
• Lead review sessions that ensure consistency of modelling across the Corporate and Investment Bank
• The individual will not be directly authoring UML models, but will need to engage with their detail - ensuring specific entities and attributes are defined and used consistently and appropriately
• Perform sampling and analysis of data and usage across critical applications
• Data mapping and requirements gathering
• Model evaluation with primary users and user groups
• Production of clean and concise documentation
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
• FpML knowledge, preferably across a broad range of Derivatives, Securities and FX products
• Business knowledge of a broad range of products and their lifecycles
• Detailed analytical approach; logical, precise thinker; clear and concise communications
• Clear understanding of data concepts (relational data) and ability to read a data model (using Erwin or MagicDraw)
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.