When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) team within Digital Technology plays a pivotal role in the success of the organization, bridging the gap between the development, design and product management teams. The Scrum Business Systems Analyst (sBSA) is the heart of the BSA team, working closely with our technology partners to groom detailed stories for our development teams to execute. The BSA is team player, problem solver and detail-oriented person.
The BSA typically (but is not limited to) performs the following:
- Focused alignment to the scrum team they are assigned to.
- Groom stories to a level of detail that will enable code to be written and tested without defects; write acceptance criteria and generate test scripts.
- Understand downstream impacts of changes to web services and coordinate with those teams to ensure they are in lock-step with the scrum team from a delivery perspective.
- Maintain a living evergreen repository so that we always have an understanding of our current state.
- Juggle multiple stories at any given time, all with aggressive delivery expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree within a technical field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical Analyst or a related discipline with an emphasis on delivering cutting edge technology within finance.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to forge lasting relationships with the scrum team(s) you are part of.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working with Agile Development teams.
- Ability to read Java code and service definitions in order to understand existing system behavior.
- SOAP, XML, JSON and other similar web service protocols/technologies.
- SQL and database scripting.
- Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin scripting language.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Retail/Consumer banking and investment products.
- Appreciation of responsive web design.
- Experience of working with JIRA.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.