JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Technology Operational Risk Office (Technology ORO) is a firm-wide group within Risk with oversight responsibility for the implementation of the JPMC Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) for Global Technology. The Technology ORO provides an independent view of Technology & Cyber risk to the firm’s management and Board of Directors. The Technology ORO interacts directly with executive leadership, key functional areas of Technology and Operational Risk Officers across lines of business.
Corporate Operational Risk Officer for Technology
The Technology Operational Risk Officer (ORO) is a Firmwide role with oversight responsibility for the implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework for the technology function. The Technology ORO is responsible for ensuring that the businesses understand technology risks that could impact capital, earnings, reputation or business opportunities and has robust standards, controls and practices in place to mitigate these risks. The Technology ORO will interact directly with executive leadership, key functional areas of Technology and Operational Risk Officers across lines of business. The Technology ORO will also be responsible for the review of information regarding key components of the ORMF for technology and ensuring appropriate analysis and reporting to executive management and relevant committees.
Key responsibilities include:
Understand the linkage between Technology Risk Assessment and Risk Control Self Assessment (RCSA) within the ORMF
Assist LOB OROs in determining the appropriate consideration of technology risk management and risk events
Setting Standards within the ORM to shape risk based policies
Perform Risk Appetite Assessments
Concentration Risk Management - enhance and monitor KPIs and KRIs
Independent Risk Assessment
- Perform independent challenge of Risk Identification process
- Perform Independent Assessments
- Continuous monitoring
Capital and Stress Estimation Framework
- Challenge and form framework for technology related scenarios
- Create an exposure profile reporting for Technology and prioritize Targeted Risk Assessments
Participate in Technology Control Committees and benchmark against Firmwide standards
- 15+ years experience in technology development and oversight with financial services experience highly desired. Knowledge of the JPMC technical environment and standards is advantageous.
- Proven ability to recruit and manage a team
- Experience in creating a new discipline from the ground up
- Broad and deep knowledge of current and emerging technologies is required
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and the business processes they support and synthesize the corresponding risks and controls and recommend adjustments if required.
- Understanding of technology risk management and control principles
- Proven ability to anticipate and identify risks and effective mitigants
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
- Proven track record of taking ideas forward without supervision and challenging others, where appropriate
- Adept at developing relationships with senior business executives with a reputation for partnering across organization lines to mitigate risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, Engineering, Business or related field; post graduate degree a plus
- Highly disciplined, able to work with limited supervision and make independent decisions
- Strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency