CIB- Treasury Services- Global Payments Strategy- Business Analyst- VP
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
About the Team
The Global Payment Strategy Product Management Team is responsible for product strategy, development and commercialization of both high and low value payments services that J.P. Morgan delivers to Financial Institution, Non-Bank Financial Institution, Corporate and Commercial Bank clients globally. These services include Direct Clearing as well as Correspondent based settlement solutions to the client. Given the geographic footprint of the payment businesses, services and clients that the Global Payment Strategy deliverables will support, the team is deployed globally across the WHEM, EMEA and APAC regions.
About the Position
The Global Payments Strategy Business Analyst is responsible for documenting all business requirements to support full development and commercialization in order to meet the objectives of the global payment strategy.
The incumbent must determine and deliver detailed business requirements that are required to support the existing and future demands of both internal users such as Operations and Service teams, as well external clients of all sectors. This would encompass, at a minimum, the end to end processing attributes, services and features of all payment instruments supported by existing Treasury Services payment platforms.
The incumbent must be cognizant of the changing payments landscape from an industry, regulatory as well as technology perspective, such that these are accounted for in the scoping of our services.
The incumbent will maintain ongoing proactive partnership with the GPS Technology partners to ensure clear and concise business demands are understood and delivered in a swift and effective timeframe to support an agile implementation programme.
The role includes extensive collaboration with Global Product, Sales, Operations, Technology, Service, Risk/Compliance and Legal.
Core responsibilities include:
• Compose the Business Requirements documentation required to enable development groups to build target state products, processes, and technology
• Perform impact analysis for business initiatives to determine key business groups that will consequently be required to undergo technical or operational process change
• Conduct gaps/differences analysis as required to determine degree of change emergent from business initiatives
• Conduct a thorough transition process to ensure that following the approval of Business Requirements, all functional groups across Operations, Technology, and Service units are clear and informed on what is required for their respective target state models to be determined.
• Review and approve target state documentation from functional groups required to conduct process, technical, or service change following the approved Business Requirements – examples being: Functional Requirements Document (FRD) for target state software functionality, Target Operating Model (TOM) documentation, Service Definition, Access Models, or Target On-boarding Process.
• During the performance of business testing and validation, ad-hoc consultation for any unique or unexpected scenarios arising. The target of the Business Analyst is to minimize this significantly by conducting a thorough transition to functional development groups during the Business Requirements phase
Required Skills / Experience
• Business Management & Promotion including end-to-end understanding of how the Global payments strategy products work, how they are used by clients and how they interact with other Core Cash Management Services, a deep understanding of the external market, development of strong internal partnerships and external visibility with clients and the industry.
• Anticipate internal and external factors impacting the global payment strategy and implementing plans to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.
• You will be able to demonstrate that you are a strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and drive tactical execution.
• Solid track record of success in supporting large-scale initiatives
• Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
• Bachelor degree
Proficiency in the following:
• Relationship building and influencing skills
• Analytical skills and attention to detail in written documentation
• Organizational skills and time management
• Communication skills – able to articulate a business vision or requirement through multiple business functions and at differing management levels
• Presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal
• Meeting/workshop facilitation
• Leadership skills – able to bring multi-functional groups together to work towards a common goal
• Self-motivated and driven to achieve targets and deliverables
Desirable Skills / Experience
• Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies
• Use of Magic Draw application