ED – Head of Commercial Banking Operations, WCC
Title: Head of Commercial Banking Operations, WCC
Level: Executive Director
Location: Warsaw Corporate Center (WCC), Poland
Reporting Lines: Direct Line into WCC Lead & Location Leader and Matrix Line into Head of Global Service Center Commercial Banking Operations.
270,000 employees in the firm
Assets of $2.4 trillion
Operating in more than 50 countries
Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients
Leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity
$17B Spend Under Management
This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership & overall management for Commercial Banking Operations in WCC, leading a business that has ambitious long term plans for growth in a highly competitive, complex environment. Additionally, the position will be responsible for day-to-day management of all CB resources (i.e., planning, oversight) and will coordinate with senior leaders in other locations and Lines of Business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute the strategy to build scalable operations that will improve the client experience, operational control and efficiency
- Work closely with business partners and other operational leaders and be able to influence business decisions from an Operations perspective
- Work closely with senior Operations leaders across regions on key strategic initiatives:
- Accountable for local Operations performance and project outcomes
- Develop deployment strategy for steady state operations, oversee coordination of activities, facilitate issue resolution, and identify operational risks
- Establish and manage appropriate governance, leadership and resources (e.g. people, technology, regulatory, compliance, financial)
- Ensure effective communication and escalation on overall operations service delivery management issues, priorities and risks
- Monitor and enhance the control processes surrounding Operations functions to proactively manage risk
- Develop, implement & monitor performance metrics to ensure the quality and efficiency in implementing the initiatives
- Ensure that the initiatives maximize impact and effectiveness while meeting financial targets
- Proactively lead the people agenda including resource planning, talent management, professional skills development, performance management & diversity
- Partner closely with global & regional managers to establish consistency and best practices
- Align the function to maximize impact and effectiveness while meeting financial targets
- Establish and maintain a profile as a senior Operations leader both inside and outside of the firm
Skills & Competencies :
The successful candidate will be a demonstrated leader with a proactive, hands-on management approach and strong operational skills. In addition, the leader must be able to identify and introduce innovation, and become a trusted advisor to senior operations and business leaders.
- Relevant operations management experience
- Excellent understanding of the investment process and associated market practices with the ability to think strategically about how to create business led solutions
- Product knowledge of Wholesale and Commercial Banking or similar such LOB.
- Proved ability and experience in implementing large strategic initiatives with significant technology and operational component
- Strong sense of prioritization & ability to execute against deliverables. Able to take personal accountability & resolve issues
- Extensive experience driving process change and efficiencies in a growing business – strong focus on execution and delivery against objectives
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and manage through influence
- Ability balance global, regional and line of business perspective with those of the firm, clients and shareholders
- Analytic problem solver with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with the business, operations, technology & other key stakeholders and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Must have prior and proven experience of managing teams
- Be able to lead, motivate and get the very best out of a high performing team of operations professionals
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Financial and budgeting skills
- Graduate/MBA (Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/other related background)
- Relevant experience in Offshoring / Outsourcing would be valuable, especially when involved in setting up Operations teams from a “grounds up” position, in an offshore location.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.