This position reports into the centralized project and program management team within the Consumer & Community Banking Operations Division of JPMorgan Chase. In general, incumbents in these positions have deep experience leading large complex business, regulatory, or control programs with significant IT investment and a high degree of change impacts. The focus for this role in particular is supporting Agile Transformation across the CCB Operations business project teams. In this capacity, the project will essentially be designing and implementing an Agile transformation program to ensure that all business participants working on technology projects can successfully fulfill their roles and deliver on expected project outcomes and business benefits. Working closely with technology partners, the role will create and deploy a series of supporting activities that enable the business program transformation to the new methodology. Examples of supporting activities are: introductory workshops, ongoing communications, coaching, consulting, navigating available training, hosting retrospectives to assess progress, etc.
Program Directors are expected to operate independently in a proactive manner with a high energy level and ability to collaborate. The role requires the ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts into comprehensive components and the executive presence to command and engage large audiences. The desired candidate should have strong leadership skills and have the ability to earn respect by treating people fairly, allowing opposing views to be heard, escalating matters when appropriate, and gaining the subject matter expertise necessary to drive strategic and tactical program roadmap planning, issue resolution, and project execution. This position is expected to interact with all levels of management and develop strong internal partnerships. Interpersonal and relationship building skills are very critical since the role will require working across a matrix environment to achieve desired results. This position is in many ways a typical senior program management position in that it will be primarily responsible for these activities:
· Leading one or more business driven, medium or large projects or other process improvement or legal/compliance/controls initiatives supporting Operations functions
· Assisting the CCB Operations Executives define future state, breaking future state into defined projects, and executing on those projects from initiation, through prioritization, demand management and ultimately execution/delivery (both waterfall and agile project methodologies)
· Leading teams of matrixed project managers and business resources as they plan and execute on projects of various sizes and complexities
· Driving project prioritization decisions, monitoring/reporting detailed project activity against defined milestones, and creating business value as defined within each project’s business case while complying with firm- and CCB-wide project and financial standards and practices
· Partnering closely with various Technology organizations both within CCB and outside of CCB to assist with project resource capacity analysis, designing and developing business and technology solutions, and acting as the liaison between the CCB Operations Leaders and various firm-wide Technology partners
· Executing the Demand Management Process and Project Delivery Process in order to deliver programs, projects and their multiple phases
· Managing the financials for the project team and the financials applicable to the projects managed
Experience as an “Agile Practitioner,” with an excellent academic and practical understanding of Agile methods, as well as waterfall project life cycles and project methodologies
· Demonstrated ability to effectively execute complex projects, balancing cost, timelines and MVP
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate to all levels in the organization
· Ability to ensure that the highest standards are maintained with respect to deadlines, escalation, resource management and client satisfaction
· Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, ability to prioritize and exercise a high level of judgement for escalations to solve problems and remove roadblocks
· Bachelor's Degree with minimum 10 years of project management experience
· Strong technical skills and tool experience relevant to project management, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, Clarity, Sharepoint, Visio, etc.
· 5 or more years of leadership and managerial experience in program management roles
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.