Software Engineering Lead:
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Act as a primary point of contact for development projects with other technology teams.
- Provide business teams input into project requirements, design and other critical project documentation.
- Ability to manage several support developers; provide leadership, guidance, mentorship
- Responsible for exceptional verbal and written communication including:
- Project risks and issues
- Project status
- Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
- Create work estimates based on technology concepts and requirements documentation.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
- 5+ years of combined software/application development experience
- Experience with all phases of the development life cycle
- Experience developing mobile applications using Objective C, Java or C#
- Created 1 or more applications available in Apple's AppStore or Google's Android Market
- Experience with the following is highly desired:
- Familiarity with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Familiarity with how to optimize code for phones, testing with phones, challenges with phones
- Experience with GIT source control management.
- Experience consuming SOAP web services
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to clarify application requirements via phone/email with business partners in addition to relying on technical requirements documentation
- Have experience working on successful co-located delivery teams
- Have experience and a passion for test-driven development
- Experience delivering products across multiple releases
- Experience with automated acceptance/regression testing
- Support project releases