JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumer in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than two hundred years. We have been a leader in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We collaborate across the globe to deliver the solutions and advice to meet our client’s needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 100 countries and hold global leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm every day. This is why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves 50 million customers with a broad range of consumer financial services, including personal banking, investment advice, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments and auto financing. Our 160,000 employees serve our customers by following Chase's Five Keys to A Great Customer Experience.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for assisting the Director of Talent Acquisition and Development in all aspects of development and execution of the Talent Acquisition and Development strategy. S/He will be responsible for coordinating tactical management of existing and new projects with little supervision. This position requires solid, proven skills in project management, strategic planning, and risk identification and mitigation. The Project Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the global recruiting and talent strategy to support the employment and development of Veterans, service members and their families. S/He will have experience in managing strategic programs and initiatives that can be leveraged across a fast moving, highly dynamic and complex organization. S/He should also have a track record of success in creating and executing cohesive, thoughtful and results driven strategies in an effort to drive change and improve effectiveness. S/He will need to be comfortable trouble shooting often with tight deadlines and without loss of attention to detail, and will need to be a strong collaborator and organizer to get things done in a highly matrixed environment. Additionally, the candidate will need to be comfortable supporting and at times challenging the design and implementation of new technology, tools, processes and methodology to best support Military talent. The position will also require a natural high energy, hands-on leader overseeing projects and initiatives for Talent Acquisition and Development Team, Military and Veteran Affairs
Assist the Director of Talent Acquisition and Development to manage and develop the strategic and operational direction of the Talent Acquisition and Development work stream to include, but not limited to:
- Building and executing the long-term strategy of the JPMorgan Chase Global Military and Veteran Employee development programs
- Work collaboratively with other MVA and HR colleagues to cultivate an environment that attracts and develops the best Veterans in our marketplaces; continue to monitor and measure the effectiveness of that culture and its impact; focus on entry level hiring efforts on campus; develop appropriate apprenticeship programs.
- In partnership with Marketing, continue to refine Chase’s Military recruitment and branding story to ensure the value proposition is clearly defined and understood in an effort to drive the best qualified and “right fit” candidates to the roles
- Develop and manage multiple project plans; responsibilities include researching emerging trends, developing clearly defined project goals, objectives, and deliverables, measuring project success through measures of performance and measures of effectiveness, and managing project budget;
- Produce project reporting and tracking documentation; outputs include, but not limited to, status reporting, project plans, and issue/defect tracking; compliance of project activities with audit and risk policies; all required government reporting, affirmative action planning, and all documentation related to reporting
- Improve the internal talent pipelines and career progression tracking; ensure that Veterans are discussed as part of the talent management and succession process to support the mobility of internal Military talent
- Support the planning, metrics, and ROI of all appropriate JPMC Military events.
- Support partnerships with coalition, government agencies, outreach organizations, professional affiliations to support the JPMC Military recruiting and pipeline strategy
- Cultivate and manage metrics and control environment to better measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Military talent function and to ensure compliance with all regulations, audits, policies and practices. Ensure that the metrics and controls can be carefully monitored through reports and dashboards to track success and to take proactive measures to address deficiencies
- Minimum of 5 or more years working in highly complex, global and/or diverse organization(s) with development and execution of talent management and recruiting strategies that will support the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; Military experience also preferred.
- Understanding the issues and needs impacting the Military and Veteran community and familiarity with relevant critical programs (public, private, and non-profit), specifically in the talent acquisition and development space with knowledge of EEO, Affirmative Action, and regulatory requirements and practices
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading and managing programs/projects in recruiting or related functions. Agility in dealing with constantly changing business environment and areas of ambiguity. Strong decision-making skills combined with time management and project management/planning skills;
- A self-initiated, independent thinker who is able to suggest and develop both long-term business and short term tactical strategies and plans – with a focus on execution. Able to make quick but well-thought out decision based upon an assessment of key facts; focused and persistent actions until results are achieved. Focuses on business clients, efficiency, reliability and productivity.
- Effective process, work flow and systems designer; good at figuring out what to measure to track progress; sets up programs and systems that can almost manage themselves and can be scaled across the firm; is an expert at the effectiveness and efficiency of work systems; can quickly diagnose and fix a work problem; always looking for incremental process improvements
- Experience and comfort with interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, managing senior level communications with strong relationship, public speaking, and networking skills
- Process and results-oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong skills with Microsoft office products required (Excel, PowerPoint, Access);
- Ability to work collaboratively and to develop strong, positive working relationships across a matrixed organization required.