As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The Data Protection Engineer will be responsible for data security pertaining to, but not limited to, identifying potential security vulnerabilities, determining what controls are necessary in order to protect the data, determining the effectiveness of the controls already or designed to be put in place. The responsibilities may also include ownership of data security devices, applications, systems, processes, or policies in whole or in partnership with other internal JPMC technology groups.
- Assist in the design, development, deployment and maintenance of the firm’s data protection strategy
- Implement Data Protection build outs leveraging various tools/technologies throughout the data lifecycle.
- Participate in the assessment of data protection approaches, requirements, and activities firm wide.
- Evaluate existing solutions and providing feedback to strengthen the Firm's risk posture.
- Provide support in guiding business and technology partners on data protection matters and methodologies
- Collaborate on data protection best practices, risks, interpretation of firm-wide standards, etc.
- Proven background in security engineering, data protection, data lifecycle management, data loss prevention or the support of these data security solutions.
- Experience with Data Protection solutions across application, backup, database, endpoint device, email, file, network, removable media and storage domains.
- Strong understanding of the data protection ecosystem including strong knowledge and domain expertise in, but not limited to:
- DLP - Data Loss Prevention
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Authentication / Access Control / Privileged Access
- Encryption / Cryptography
- Extensive experience with networking protocols such as HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, TCP/IP, SMTP TCP/IP, DNS and experience with networking concepts like routing and load balancing
- Experience with scripting languages such as; Shell, Python, or PowerShell
- Experience with large scale networks including Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
- Experience with vendor based implementations - RSA, Vormetric, Voltage, Titus, Varonis, Symantec, etc.
- Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
- Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
- Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
- Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.