JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
Wholesale Credit Analytics and Solutions (WCAS)
The Wholesale Credit Analytics and Solutions team (WCAS is responsible for implementing key credit risk practices across Wholesale businesses, and ensuring consistency in methodologies within Wholesale Credit Risk.
WCAS’ areas of responsibility include Traditional Credit Product (TCP) stress testing (CCAR/DFAST/IFRS9/ICAAP) and Basel RWA, developing the firm's authoritative wholesale credit risk parameter data set, reserve/allowance management, development and implementation of an economic credit capital model, the design and integration of credit and capital limits, risk grading methodology, and the provision of strategic advice and solutions to the originating businesses.
Role Description and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join a broader team focused on the quarterly stress testing of the wholesale loans and commitment portfolio. The candidate will support back-testing of Held-for-Investment stressed credit metrics in order to address model limitations and plan tactical and strategical remedial actions. The candidate will work also with cross-border Legal Entities of JPMC Group to support the production of local credit stress reporting.
The responsibilities include and are not limited to: (1) data reconciliation across multiple sources, (2) forecasted results, (3) business requirement and model documentation, (4) risk analytics, and (5) reporting:
- Be a senior member of the wholesale credit stress testing team responsible for enhancing the Held-for-Investment (HFI) modeling processes;
- Lead work-streams with teams of 1-2 on reviewing stress forecasts, back-testing results, overlays and document analyses and provide business requirements to firm-wide partners;
- Partner with Quantitative Research, Technology, Model Risk, Line of Business and Legal Entity representatives to ensure forecasted results meet senior management and regulators expectations;
- Work with model development and line of business (LOB) risk teams to create robust forecasts and supporting analytics for the Wholesale businesses to use
- Analytics include but not limited to sensitivity, attribution, and variance analysis
- Create presentations to be delivered to senior management across Credit Risk and Finance, including the CROs and CFOs of the firm and the LOBs;
- Partner with the LOBs and technology groups to test, implement and deploy strategic solutions for forecasting the HFI portfolio;
- Assist in the enhancement of existing models related to the HFI loan portfolio for CCAR/DFAST, IFRS9, Mid-Year ICAAP, and quarterly Risk Appetite;
- Collect data from various sources, synthesize the information, perform analysis, and interpret results in order to assist in making recommendations which impact the lines of business;
- Investigate and partner with key stakeholders to resolve data quality issues.
- Required 3-4 years of experience in credit risk, knowledge of credit products, risk and revenue metrics and RWA;
- Experience in econometric and statistical modeling for loss and interest income forecasting, risk management, or volume forecasting is highly preferred;
- Stress Testing, CCAR/ICAAP submissions and knowledge of Basel framework are highly preferred;
- Experience in Credit Analytics and documentation in a big bank is preferred;
- Proficient skill in processing, analyzing, controlling and reconciling large datasets in Excel and using BI software (Tableau);
- Coding skills (VBA, Python, SAS) a plus;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Self-motivated, organized and possess a high level of attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- BA/BS degree required; Master degree or CFA a plus.