JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Security Technology (GST) within Corporate Technology & Risk provides strategic application development and production support to the firm wide Global Security & Investigations. This organization is responsible for all aspects of security including physical access, fraud, pre-employment processing, aviation, resilience, crisis management and other related areas. The team will develop technology solution to maintain firm’s resiliency data, manage recovery strategy for business & technology processes, crisis management, real-time reporting and monitor metrics.
We are looking for a profoundly engaged experience designer to join us. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, architects and development team committed to designing enterprise applications. A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and visual design is a must. You are a user experience advocate, excited about our user’s lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.
Strong prototyping skills are a must for this role: the ability to quickly understand the needs for prototyping matching to certain design challenges — paper prototypes for participatory research, medium fidelity click-through Keynotes for validation of direction, and more detailed and interactive Axure prototypes for detailed design refinement.
The Designer will influence and help drive the direction, vision, and methodology with energy and passion. This will require a strong point of view on design, hands-on creation of experiences, developing strategies for implementation within a complex ecosystem and building meaningful relationships within the organization.
• Brainstorm requirements with cross-functional teams and come up with design ideas
• Design user interfaces and quickly iterate on multiple design solution by working through details
• Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
• Effectively communicate design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Handle design walkthroughs with key business stakeholders and user groups.
• Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules in Agile environment
• Work closely with Business Analysts, Tech Leads and development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and software developers.
• 6-8 years of experience as UX designer handling key deliverables including Information architecture, interaction design and visual design
• An impressive online portfolio of sample works demonstrating scalable user experience design solutions
• Strong Knowledge of user interface design processes ad methodology, particularly applied to web based enterprise applications and mobile applications
• Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels and handling design walkthroughs independently
• Excellent communication skills and actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools like Axure, Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator
• Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
• Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.