JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments.
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms.
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions.
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles.
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency.
The Corporate Compliance AML Client List Screening technology team part of CT supports regulatory and compliance requirements of the Compliance line of business with applications that monitor and report on suspected anti-money laundering activities via screening activities of individuals and companies. Existing applications continue to be re-tooled and expanded to include global capabilities. We partner with our clients on evolving business capabilities, improving end user experience with our solutions and services, and ensuring that we continue to provide continuous improvement on the systems that are relied upon across the firm.
The AML CLS team is seeking a strong Java/JEE developer with hands on experience in design, development, testing, deployments and production support of Java/J2EE web applications. The role will have a heavy emphasis in building and making significant enhancements to Java/J2EE web applications.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Participate in aspects of the software development process including, requirements, designing, coding, unit testing, quality assurance, and deployment
- Work in a collaborative team of software professionals
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug and document in solving business problems for one or more business areas
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software maintenance, improvements and upgrades
- Assume responsibility for issue resolution for production systems and provide tier 2-3 production support
- 5+ years of development experience with Java SE, EE and Open Source Frameworks
- Ability to develop in all tiers of the application (presentation, business, and database)
- Development experience with OO design and design patterns
- 3+ years of experience with Spring & Hibernate
- Experience with JMS, MQ, SOAP and REST Web Services
- Strong SQL skills with experience working in Oracle and SQL Server Databases
- Experience with testing frameworks like JUnit and mocking techniques
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Subversion or GIT
- Experience with servers like Apache and Tomcat
- Basic understanding of Cloud platform desired
- Desired experience with Mule ESB
- Desired experience in Unix shell script and Power shell script
- Desired experience working with onshore teams
- Desired experience with Scrum, Agile methodologies.
- Desired experience with profiling and performance tuning using tools like JProfiler or JProbe etc.
- Desired experience with any caching tool like JBoss Cache, EhCache etc.