JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Security Technology (GST) within Corporate Technology provides strategic application development and production support to the firm wide Global Security & Investigations. This organization is responsible for all aspects of security including physical access, fraud, pre-employment processing, aviation, resilience, crisis management and other related areas. The team will develop technology solution to maintain firm’s resiliency data, manage recovery strategy for business & technology processes, crisis management, real-time reporting and monitor metrics.
As a Business Analyst, you will serve as liaison between IT and business sponsors, analyzing business requirements and producing user stories and specifications for changes to technology applications. You will also work with the development team to ensure that they understand business requirements, identify key project stakeholders, create business process models, and generate scenarios for the quality assurance team.
1. Drive the product development in the Global Security Technology space by being the liasion between business and the technology team.
2. Understand, discuss and guide the business on the requirements and the evolution of the product.
3. Write user stories based on requirements for iterative development.
4. Participate in defining the product roadmap with business.
5. Do continuous backlog management for the product.
6. Be the go to person for the technology team for requirement clarifications.
7. Be a part of scrum team and participate in daily scrums and other agile ceremonies.
• 6+ years of Business Analysis experience.
• Technology background and in depth understanding of technology is a must.
• Agile development and delivery experience.
• Ability to write fine grained user stories.
• Have great communication skills with the ability to paint a big picture while discussing/enumerating requirements.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with business clients on a granular level and work through difficult business issues
• Experience performing detailed data analysis, including ability to create, run, and modify SQL queries to pull data from source databases for data analysis and mapping activities
• Strong capabilities in defining, creating, and managing high quality user stories.
• Ability to facilitate meetings among stakeholders with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view, including strong negotiation skills, and developing strong client and vendor relationships
• Detail-oriented and ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems
• Experience and understanding of business process modeling, business systems development, and analysis
• Basic understanding of company's business practices and familiarity with the company's products and services
• Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems or related field of study or equivalent relevant experience in software development
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.