J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
We operate in more than 100 markets.
We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Consumer Banking Specialist is responsible for providing timely resolutions to our Consumer and Community Banking customer’s queries. They will connect with our customers through inbound/outbound calls regarding transactions on their accounts such as payments, loans, charges/fees, interest rates, rewards and other issues.
This an excellent opportunity for an individual who thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment where strong analytical skills, business acumen, and superior communication skills are leveraged to support our company's ability to deliver world class fraud detection and customer centric solutions to its customers.
As part of the Fraud team, you will be responsible for managing fraud risk policies, developing and maintaining process standards and performing moderate to complex activities with the objective of reducing fraud related losses while balancing customer impact. You would have the responsibility for performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on credit and debit card accounts and will be accountable for regular reporting or process administration. You would have project management responsibilities and be responsible for talent development through mentorship & providing thought leadership to the projects executed within the team.
You will report to the Manager in Mumbai and develop strategy for function and position the team for future success. You would play critical role in driving Mumbai site initiatives including Fraud Community and working directly with the Fraud Operations team in the identification and solution set recommendation for customer issues, fraud trends, and other items impacting the customer experience as it relates to point of sale. The successful candidate will excel at creative thinking and problem solving, be self-motivated, confident and ready to work in a fast-paced energetic environment
- Interpret large amounts of complex data to formulate problem statement, concise conclusions regarding underlying risk dynamics, trends, and opportunities
- Effectively mentors other analysts to help them develop their risk management skills and knowledge
- Manage, develop, communicate, and implement optimal fraud strategies (including rules, cutoffs, policies, operational flows, etc.) to protect the bank from fraud related losses and improve customer experience at Point of Sale
- Identify key risk indicators and metrics, develop key metrics, enhance reporting, and identify new areas of analytic focus to better capture fraud.
- Provide subject matter expertise on strategy implementation/testing and initiatives related to the improvement of risk mitigation processes and infrastructure
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to understand and address key business challenges
- Identify business opportunity by performing well thought analysis - Data mining, ensuring data integrity, synthesizing and communicating findings to senior management
- Providing clear/concise oral and written communication across various functions and levels, inclusive of Operations, IT, and Risk Management
The work schedule is Monday - Thursday, 1 PM - 10 PM IST and Friday, 10 AM – 7 PM IST
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline; Math, Finance, Statistics, Economics or equivalent work/training is required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related analytical experience.
- 2+ years of SAS programming experience (PC, UNIX or mainframe). Highly proficient in SQL, SAS, Teradata, Oracle, UNIX and MS Office suite of products.
- Proven record in problem solving and business innovation. Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Project Management Skills -- well-organized, structured approach. Ability to achieve tight timelines on complex deliverables. Ability to manage and prioritize projects across cross-functional groups.
- Must be a team player; Excellent relationship management skills
- Self starter with ability to drive for resolution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals across departments / functions and with senior-level executives
Strong knowledge and understanding of financial services