The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. The global Audit Department has in excess of 800 auditors, based globally in all regions, including Asia. The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across all of the CIB wholesale businesses. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a global team of integrated technology and financial business specialists. CIB includes Treasury Services (TS), Currencies and Emerging Markets (CEM), Global Corporate Banking (GCB) and Global Trade & Loan Products (GTLP) lines of business and etc.
The Asia Audit Team has an onsite presence in 12 locations, namely Hong Kong, Taipei, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney, Shanghai, Beijing, Manila, Malaysia and Indonesia.
The position is for a VP level auditor based in Shanghai within the CIB Audit Team, reporting to the China Chief auditor. The individual will manage and execute audits of the CIB businesses in China and across the Asia region.
Applicant must be an experienced professional who possesses strong auditing skills and understanding of internal control systems within a financial institution as well as local regulations. This individual should be knowledgeable of the CIB business, in particular with a good business and product knowledge of cash management, trade finance, loan, CEM and adaptable to deal with the dynamic and challenging nature of the role.
In this role, the individual will be exposed to audit execution in the above lines of business, in addition to operational support functions such as Compliance, Finance and Operations. The individual will work as part of China and regional audit team. This individual should be a strong team player as well as a self starter, able to multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic business environment.
· Self motivated audit professional who effectively analyses risk and proactively identifies issues
· Assess the control environment of the CIB businesses, with a view to providing recommendations for improvement where emerging issues or weaknesses are identified.
· Able to lead and execute audits independently and efficiently, including risk assessment, audit planning, testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure. Ensure audits are completed timely and within budget
· Provide senior audit management and internal stakeholders timely updates and insight on the design and effectiveness of business, risk, operation and technology control practices, and thematic firmwide control and industry developments.
· Flexible and adaptable to dynamically changing work environments, including travel to other locations/countries as part of country/regional audit engagements.
· Communicate and influence effectively, both verbally and in written form, audit results and issues.
· Foster a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, diversity, excellence and innovation.
· At least 8 years of audit and business experience in covering banking products
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline. CPA/CA, CIA, CAMS or equivalent certification preferred.
· Good understanding of internal control concepts within wholesale banking businesses
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management.
· Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure and willing to be challenged and to take personal responsibility/accountability.
· Works well individually and in teams, shares information and supports colleagues.
· Well versed in China laws and banking regulations
· Bilingual – English and Chinese
· Strong Excel, Access or automated auditing tool e.g. ACL skills considered a plus
· Ability to travel (20-25%)