As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, MQ. Good to have skills - Java, Assembler, REXX and VSAM
Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Work as an independent developer on mainframe systems. Develop software components to meet business requirements.
- Partner with global teams to understand system requirements and deliver project to meet the timelines.
- Analyze business and functional requirements and provide IT solutions
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Document and lead design reviews, provide input to the design recommendations
- Translate technical requirements into programmed application modules
- Document detailed application current and future state specifications
- Develop, code and test programs and software for defined projects
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, and debugging
- Ensure technical documentation accurately reflects software components developed and delivered
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- Provide input to information/data flow
- Provide support of software solutions as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology. Master's degree in Finance, Computer Science, or Information Technology a plus.
- 5 -7 years of experience in Application Development in a Mainframe environment
- Expert Skills in IBM-Z/OS COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, MQ, DB2 SQL and Stored Procedures
- Strong Skills in All IBM Utilities, Expeditor, FileAid, TSO/ISPF/SDSF
- Effective proficiencies in FTP/NDM/File-Mover, CA-7, REXX/CLIST, Assembler
- Strong understanding of Agile development methodology and techniques
- Practical application and Working knowledge of IBM WAS/WOLA, XML, JAVA
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Financial and Banking applications or related business experience
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, Cybersecurity, machine learning and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co., we value the unique skills of every employee, and we are building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you are looking to build your career development as part of Global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran