JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking.
The Wealth Management division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The team is Onboarding within Asia & EMEA.
Established as a market-leading function, the Onboarding Organisation’s objective is to help manage the regulatory risks involved in onboarding clients, with special attention to meeting the regulatory Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements. The team includes onboarding officers, quality control, account control administration and project managers.
The project manager will be based in Edinburgh and will be part of the practice support team (Change & Development) within the Onboarding Organisation. The project manager will provide assistance to the local Change & Development team to provide oversight for the regions: including assistance with information management and project management. This role involves frequent interaction with management and other key stakeholders (e.g.: CSS, COO etc.) in a fast-paced team environment, as well as the opportunity to work on specific strategic projects. The role will include, but is not limited to:
• Act as a change agent to enable delivery of the Client Onboarding agenda
• Build detailed knowledge of the Client Onboarding workflows and organisation
• Research and resolve data issues and answer queries from management and other key stakeholders
• Escalate and/or resolve team issues; track and measure recurring themes for systemic issues and opportunities
• Coordinate and provide disciplined project management on ad hoc projects across regions
• Liaise with Legal, Risk, Compliance, Front Office and Tech on certain projects
• Coordinate materials and agenda for management & other meetings
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience in Change Management
• Analytical and Project Management skills
• Private Banking Operations business experience
• Project Implementation within Financial Services Operations
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a fast moving environment
• Knowledge of Client Onboarding, KYC/AML
• Experience of analysing and reviewing processes, workflows and systems within a large organisation
• Awareness of Risk/Controls
• Able to accurately document and present information
In addition we look for:
• Proactive, strategic thinker
• Focused, with a tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
• Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment to effectively meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership
• Pro-active self-starter
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technological environment
• Able to work in situations where there is ambiguity
• Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner
Education and Experience:
• Degree qualified ideally in Accounting, Finance, or Business and/or relevant professional experience, or qualifications
• Fluency in English is essential
• Specific Private Banking Operations industry related experience
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular with Excel and Powerpoint
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The closing date for this vacancy is Thursday, the 4th of January 2018.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.