Java Developer - Associate
Due to ongoing investment and expansion at our award winning Glasgow Technology Centre, we have a number of new opportunities available for talented Java Developers. Located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre, our centre is one of 2 strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan.
Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges and projects, with what are truly cutting edge technologies.
• Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
• Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
• Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
• Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
• Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
• Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
• Testing: Unit, SIT & UAT planning and management
• Robust delivery of code into the production environment
• Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
• Proactively look to develop, implement and further development best practices across the group. The areas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, and reduction of support calls, technical documentation and technical design specifications
• Relevant university degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
• Proven track record of application development experience
• Confidence with Core Java and J2EE with Java
• Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
• Test Driven Development Skills
• Exposure/ competence with Agile Development approach
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Process analysis and design
• Experience in the following technologies would be useful, however not essential: MQ/JMS, Web Services, Maven, Unix shell scripting
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 22nd December 2017