J.P. Morgan Asset Management Japan ("JPMAM") provides investment management products and services to institutional and individual investors (via distributor).
We are looking for a passionate Client Services Professional to join Japan Client Services team, servicing clients of JPMAM.
You will help develop and maintain relationships with clients and match our broad services to their needs.
Primary Responsibilities will include, among other things, the following:
- On-Boarding/Off-Boarding for our clients (Pension, Financial Institution, Distributor, etc.)
You will have the opportunity to gain wider exposure to various teams both in Japan, Asia Pacific, London and New York to complete these processes. You will discuss about AML/KYC process and legal document matters with those colleagues.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work well in a cross-functional/locational team to achieve common goals is needed.
- Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
You will work closely with sales teams to develop and maintain relationships with clients. You will balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm at the same time.
Ability to prioritize business needs and goals, as well as identifying and escalating material issues timely and appropriately is needed.
- Participating in domestic/regional/global project teams relating to regulatory rule, system developments, other global requests, audits, etc.
You will need to establish very strong relationships with relevant internal business partners and develop a deep understanding of the business, its control challenges, the architecture and global movement.
- Assisting in developing a disciplined control environment within JPMorgan Chase, and identifying and mitigating risks.
You will understand the firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
Collaboration/coordination with Business and Compliance and Controls teams regarding legal and regulatory matters pertaining to the Japan businesses, whether originated in Japan or cross-border, to identify and implement policy, process and procedural changes to ensure compliance with changing laws/regulations.
To be successful in this role your skill set include;
- Ability to multi-task and handle time sensitive situations and intensity
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes ownership
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong team player
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things.
- Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk
- Significant experience in client service function (Asset Management Business)
- Investigative mindset, able to see issues at both a high-level and in detail
- Basic understanding of Fixed Income, FX, Equity for both cash and derivatives space
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Basic computer literacy and competency