JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
JPMorgan Chase is currently seeking a junior business manager to join the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Legal Group in the Legal Department to assist the CIB Legal CAO/Business Manager in managing all areas of administration and operations of the global Corporate & Investment Bank Legal Department globally, a group of approximately 600 professionals and support staff located across 25 jurisdictions. Primary responsibilities include:
· Assist in budget planning for the CIB Legal Department globally
· Provide analytical support to Legal Business Management, including headcount/expense, budgeting, external legal spend analysis, business reviews and performing analyses to drive understanding
· Oversee travel and other expense tracking for CIB Legal Department
· Preparation of meeting materials, presentations and town halls
· Assist with management team meetings and department offsites
· Assisting with onboarding and offboarding of Legal staff, contractors and secondees
· Manage occupancy related matters, including facilities work and expenditures, personnel moves and occupancy plans
· Manage business resiliency planning, reporting and testing
· Provide organizational and analytical support to the CIB Legal Department in the U.S.
· Assist with group management, organization and training
· Engage in special projects as needed
· Drive the execution of CIB Legal Department objectives and strategic priorities
· Support CIB Legal Department reporting
· Navigate and facilitate information flow/messaging among team, CIB Legal Department project management team and with other groups at the firm
· Controls/Policies and Procedures
· Bachelors degree required. Degree in finance preferred.
· 4-6 years experience working in financial services
· Business management and/or finance experience preferred
· Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
· Superior technical knowledge and mastery of Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to learn new technology quickly. Strong knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Superior presentation skills required to provide status to key audience in a concise, informative and timely manner
· Versatile self-starter who has the ability to manage own workload and prioritize tasks to meet goals, including managing challenging deadlines and working under pressure
· Must have strong work ethic and attention to detail
· All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.