JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Dealer Commercial Services (DCS) is a Commercial Lending business within Auto Finance and specializes in lending to new car dealers in the US with sales ranging from small business to public auto dealerships. DCS provides floorplan, real estate, acquisition and commercial loans, as well as treasury products. DCS has sales teams throughout the country, four Underwriting offices, and two Operations offices. DCS is one of the largest bank-owned floorplan lenders in the US, having relationships with more than 75% of all US franchised automotive dealers.
DCS Risk Management
This position will be a part of the DCS Risk Management team and will report to the head of Risk Reporting & Analytics. The DCS Risk team is focused on identifying portfolio trends and assessing, prioritizing and remediating risks associated with the commercial auto portfolio. The DCS Risk team provides support to the credit approval and credit maintenance functions, supports ad hoc and strategic projects within DCS, the Wholesale Center of Excellence, and the Consumer and Community Banking line of business (CCB).
The Wholesale Credit Risk Analyst, Associate will be responsible for risk reporting, reporting support, and portfolio analytics on the Dealer Commercial Services (DCS) portfolio which is $19B in commitments and $14B in portfolio balances. This role will focus on operating within the data management environment for DCS, accessing key data elements that support risk management responsibilities, performing queries against loan systems and repositories to produce reports, constructing reports based on existing data, documenting data and reporting controls for compliance with risk reporting & BCBS standards, and conducting analysis to identify key trends and relevant issues associated with the DCS business.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in MIS and data management as the primary focus is data aggregation, risk reporting, and control documentation. This candidate will be a critical resource for the entire DCS Risk Management team where there will be extensive interactions with senior managers and other functional groups that support DCS. As a result, career growth opportunities should be excellent for a high performing risk analyst.
- Produce concise and accurate reporting from various DCS and Risk Management systems to support current reporting and ongoing demands.
- Assure the integrity of data behind risk reports and document as needed based on risk reporting controls & BCBS requirements.
- Perform tasks and become extremely knowledgeable (SME) of the CCB risk reporting portal which is BCBS compliant and the delivery platform for risk reporting.
- Conduct user testing as necessary with portal and reporting enhancements, support projects that interface technology and data demands through report creation and portal delivery.
- Analyze reports to identify key risk drivers (KPIs and KRIs), concentrations and trends within the DCS portfolio, and potential impacts (risks & opportunities) to the DCS business.
- Provide ad hoc reporting & analysis to support to DCS Risk management requests.
- Communicate analysis, recommendations, and complex issues in a clear & concise manner.
- Take on special assignments as directed by DCS senior management.