As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Qualifications – External
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
•Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
•Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
•Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
•Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
•Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
•Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
RFT CCB Finance IT – Java with CIE Experience Developer
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion.
The Global Finance, Corporate Treasury and Risk Management organization's charter to build scalable systems and a resilient infrastructure that meet shared requirements and objectives for the firm: robust data quality and management; technology architecture and operating models; and new regulatory reporting requirements, including those related to the firm's Basel risk data integration, risk reporting principles, comprehensive capital analysis, and recovery and resolution programs.
As part of this organization, Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Finance & Risk Technology is provides functional support to the CCB’s Chief Finance Officer and Chief Risk Officer organizations. The group owns the holistic technology relationships with these organizations ensuring that technology needs are met whether these are sourced from line of business (LOB) technology teams, developed internally by dedicated teams, or solutioned in the corporate domain.
In this space, CCB Finance IT is a fast growing organization with specific charter to meet technology needs of CCB Finance organization across MIS, Forecasting and reporting needs. We are in the midst of reviewing current applications and then create a Target State CCB Finance and Risk roadmap. As part of this, CCB Finance IT is establishing a new team in Hyderabad and this role is for a Senior-level Application Lead to be based in Hyderabad and also act as the local lead for CCB Finance IT India.
The role requires participation in application design and code reviews. Ensure compliance with project life cycle methodology and adhere to IT control policies and guidelines; incorporate architectural standards into application design; identify applicable system platform, components, and dependencies; document application specifications.
- Must have experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment ·
- Must possess strong design skills and ability to use various design patterns to develop solutions rapidly
- Should quickly acquire broad knowledge of applications in Finance space and system inter-dependencies
- Be a self-starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured situations
- Should have strong problem management and problem investigation skills with ability to learn new skills quickly to add value in problem-focus areas
- Must have excellent communication skills with ability to deliver timely and responsive service to internal clients
- Ability to operate independently and manage the local team in India
Additionally, this role requires:
• Review of test plans and perform code reviews
• Manage day to day individual workload
• Monitor milestones and critical dates to identify potential slippages and mitigate risk appropriately
• Team Management, Interviewing, and Performance Management of team members
5+ years’ experience in the following areas:
- Java and Java Spring are must. And XML, Big Data(Hadoop, Spark) a big plus
- Must have worked as Continuous Integration Engineer
- Complete software development lifecycle (analysis through deployment)
- Design and development of multi-tier software applications
- Angular 2 and UI technology are must to have
- Strong database design and performance tuning
- Working experience in Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with both on-line and batch processing, shell scripts / Perl programming
- Some experience with processing large volume of data
- Demonstrated Experience of leading teams and working in onshore-offshore model
- Experience in Consumer Banking and Financial (Finance Systems like General Ledger, Forecasting, Planning and Analysis etc) related areas of IT Project Management or experience with applications handling lot of data from diverse sources
Technical Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Engineering
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.