• 7-10 years of Java/J2EE development experience.
• Experience working on at least 1 Big Data project.
• Experience of Object Oriented software design and design patterns.
• Strong Core Java
• Experience of Big data technologies and NOSQL: Hadoop, Hive, HBase
• Hands-on experience of distributed cache technologies such as Gemfire or Hazelcast
• Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat,
• Strong SQL and RDBMs (e.g. Oracle)
• Java Multithreading, Security and Performance
• Web Service (REST)
• Messaging formats including XML, JSON, and Google Protocol Buffers
• Messaging – MQ/JMS/Mule
• Unit testing frameworks (Junit) and Mocking
• Subversion, Maven, Hudson, JIRA.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• A proactive approach to problem solving and decision making
• Highly self-motivated
Nice to Have:
• Good experience in LINUX
• Experience working on Spark, Impala, Cassandra
• Experience working on Cloudera Hadoop platform.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast paced environment and handle multiple issues at one time
• Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
• Experience within the Financial Services industry would be helpful
• Thorough understanding of the System Development Life Cycle and Development methodologies including Agile.
• Experience of Agile development methodology, such as Scrum or XP
• Experience of Test Driven Development
• Experience in working in global teams.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.