JPMorgan Chase may incur principal risk when it makes equity or equity-like investments. Principal Investments are made using JPMC’s capital, typically representing an ownership or junior capital position (mainly private equity, tax equity and junior debt capital such as mezzanine loans). Principal Investments have unique risk (Principal Risks) due to their illiquidity, lack of market transparency, and their “first loss” or junior capital status. Principal Investments are typically made with a tenor consistent with a longer-term investment objective and the associated Risks are governed under the Principal Risk Policy.
Principal Risk Reporting (PRR) produces weekly / monthly reports used by Principal Risk Management to monitor and manage the Firms risk profile of Principal Investments. The team provides support for limit utilization management, client / product on-boarding into risk infrastructure, exposure / stress variance analysis, and process / system improvement projects related to Principal Investing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Preform regular and ad-hoc reporting / presentations, including but not limited to data quality monitoring, exposure, limits, and stress analysis
· Effectively collaborate with business partners (including Risk business management, reference data teams, client on-boarding, product controllers/finance, credit executives and technology) to investigate variances and resolve data quality exception
· Collaborate with technology and other stakeholders on systems, process improvements, and planned releases.
· Candidate with 1+ years prior experience with risk, whether in a management, reporting or control capacity
· A self-starter who is organized and consistently meets deliverables.
· Knowledge of risk principles, credit or market risk products a plus
· Strong analytical and investigative problem solving abilities.
· Detail oriented with good understanding of financial terminology/principles.
· Excellent relationship building skills to work with colleagues across multiple groups’ Firmwide to obtain relevant information for understanding breaks and managing exceptions appropriately.
· Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and bring tasks to complete closure.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.