JP Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the U.S., with operations worldwide and assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
Firmwide Risk Management is overseen and managed on an enterprise-wide basis. The Firm’s approach to risk management covers a broad spectrum of economic and other core risk areas, such as credit, market, liquidity, model, principal, country, operational, compliance, conduct, legal, capital and reputation risk, with controls and governance established for each area, as appropriate
Within the broader Risk organization, the Risk Controllers are focused on (1) Designing, executing, and providing oversight of controls to verify completeness and accuracy of Risk data for internal risk management and external risk reporting purposes. (2) Aligning Firmwide Risk information with external disclosures creating an integrated view of Finance & Risk. (3) Producing SEC and External Regulatory Reporting in compliance with evolving requirements all within a rewarding and fulfilling work environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Market Risk Controller the ideal candidate will:
· Be encouraged to think creatively, challenge status quo, and motivate team members toward strategic objectives.
· Support the development of holistic risk governance and control structures supporting regulatory report production.
· Execute the team agenda, identify opportunity areas and influence key stakeholders across the Risk Controller organization.
· Finance related Bachelor’s degree required; Market Risk / Controller / CCAR reporting experience helpful
· Solid understanding of finance processes, infrastructure and systems
Communication / Influence
· Excellent ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge, and confidently speak about these processes
· A developed leadership presence capable of effective messaging of complex systems and processes to peers and management alike
· Proven ability to work across diverse groups, build consensus and execute the agreed plans
· Overall strong desktop skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.