Global Payment Strategy Business Analyst: Vice President
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
About TS Payment Services
TS Payment Services comprise a comprehensive portfolio of payment related services which TS develops and manages. J.P. Morgan Treasury Services, Commercial Bank and other J.P. Morgan lines of business market TS Payment Services in the U.S. and around the world. Clients to whom these services are delivered include Corporate Clients, Bank and non-Bank Financial Institutions and Government Agencies.
About GPS and the GPS Team
The Global Payment Strategy is a strategic multi-year investment program via which J.P. Morgan Treasury Services is transforming both its TS Payment Services and the infrastructure via which these services are delivered.
New capabilities being developed through the GPS Program include but are not limited to:
- support for new and innovative payment methods (U.S. Faster Payments for example)
- establishment of a new global low cost network for clearing and settling
- close integration of the payment offering with liquidity and account services to enable truly innovative Treasury Management solutions
- client advanced service analytics, configuration and exception management services on a self service basis
- enhancement and globalization of existing capabilities and service levels
The GPS Product Management Team has responsibility for leading execution of this strategic program of work. The GPS Product Development Manager position described below is part of that team.
GPS Product Development
The Global Payment Strategy Product Development Team has primary responsibility for analyzing and documenting business requirements relating to delivery of the new capabilities being developed under the GPS Program. It is responsible for translating requirements into Technical Product Definitions and acts as the Product organizations primary interface to the Technology organization.
About the Position
Global Payment Strategy Business Analyst Responsibilities include:
- Business Architecture – defining the end to end business flows related to delivery of TS Payment Services. Working with Technology and other Functional Partners to agree operational, service delivery and systems architecture that supports these flows.
- Technical Product Definition – integrating Product and Functional Partner requirements and translating these into detailed Technical Product Definitions.
- Requirements Definition – analyzing detailed end to end business requirements associated with delivery of TS Payment Services. Working with Product Managers and other Functional Partners to consolidate these requirements and to author detailed statements of requirements for Technology.
- Assisting the Technology organization’s efforts to translate business requirements into Technical Functional Designs
- Contributing to Test Plan development and execution.
Providing central point of contact through which Technology may work to maintain and prioritize the development backlog.
- Minimum 5 years of experience analyzing and documenting Business Requirements
- Payment product management experience preferred
- Analytical skills and attention to detail in written documentation
- Organizational skills and time management
- Experience in collaborating with sales, technology, operation, service, risk, compliance and legal teams and command strong influencing skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and drive tactical execution. Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with a keen eye for details. Oral and written communications.
- Project planning skills.
- Bachelors degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Powerpoint.
- May require travel.