About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P.Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Within the Corporate Investment Bank, the APAC Banking Relationship Partner (RP) team play a critical role in ensuring that as an organization, we are compliant with multiple regulations, in order to protect the bank’s reputation and ﬁnancial assets.
The RP team operates in close partnership with Sales, Operations, Credit, Legal and Compliance to provide eﬃcient and timely on-boarding of new/existing client relationships to the JP Morgan infrastructure.
The China Relationship Partner team support China based Relationship Managers with their Know Your Client (KYC) workloads. The team is responsible for managing pipelines, procuring required documentation and account opening information from clients and responding to any other request for information from Operations and Compliance functions with respect to client onboarding. The team must manage the Front Office relationship for all business KYC requests across New Business, Remediation and Renewal work streams ensuring onboarding deadlines are met
- Day to day management and assignment of duties to the China Relationship Partner Team
- Manage the overall KYC book of work for the China Banking business ensuring records are completed in accordance with set deadlines (regulatory and internal)
- Implement and drive robust governance and efficient framework to execute on KYC/AML processes, focused on client experience and compliance with internal and external requirements
- Provide efficient and effective escalation on process and policies issues
- Identify and execute process improvements, provide guidance and support on key process and technology initiatives to the business
- Guide clients through the KYC requirements and variation of documents which may fulfil due diligence requirements
- Liaise regularly with the business to conduct workload planning, review status of key onboardings and prioritize open requests
- Frequently interact with key stakeholders such as Legal, Compliance, Credit and Operations to develop strong partnerships, eliminate roadblocks and ensure continuity of information ﬂow across the groups
- Manage overnight screening, client exits and any other KYC related tasks as required
- Manage personal and team workload and priority items and ensure timely escalation of key risks/issues
- Keep informed of any changes to processes and procedures, regulatory change and ensure open verbal dialogue with colleagues across the region
- A working knowledge of KYC/Compliance/AML procedures and standards
- Knowledge of multiple client types (i.e. Corporates, Non-Banking Financial Institutions, SPV, Trust, F.I.’s. etc.)
- Knowledge of ﬁnancial industry with in-depth expertise in various lines of business (Corporate Investment Bank and heritage lines of business)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational, relationship building skills
- Quality client focus, strong controls mind-set and strong customer service skills(e.g. oral and written communication skills)
- Prior experience of adhering to controls and compliance standards
- Ability to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of KYC & Client onboarding is essential with at least 2-4 years experience (Audit, Control, Risk, AML, and Research may also be areas of experience)
- B.S. Degree or equivalent
- Leadership experience desirable