J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
EMEA Strategic Programs Group is a project management team, focusing on defining strategy, solutions and plans to manage change initiatives impacting the Global Wealth Management Business. Our Initiatives are both regulatory and business driven, focusing on business improvement, growth, expansion and enhanced controls. The team works cross-functionally with product specialists, front office advisors, legal, risk management, compliance, operations, technology, middle office and marketing.
The role will focus on the development, implementation and on-going support of projects that meet the strategic vision of the Business. You will perform detailed analyses and define feasibility plans, coordinate delivery of results across different teams and departments, manage and report progress through project plans and other reporting tools, and drive the implementation of business solutions and change management initiatives. The size and duration of each project will vary but the objectives will focus on similar key aspects such as risk mitigation, process efficiency, technology enablement and business metrics reporting. The Associate needs to have the mindset to integrate into an internal management consulting team.
- Participate in short-middle term project deliverables. Design, develop and establish key reporting standards. Consistently follow up on requests, tasks, and assignments
- Own, deliver and execute tasks in a timely manner, manage and meet deadlines. Effectively prioritize workload and keep others informed of progress
- Update correctly and consistently the project reporting and documentation (such as minutes, decisions, etc.). Demonstrate attention to detail and consistently produce quality work. Ensure delivery of relevant team procedures
- Understand how other functions work and build relationships (e.g. Operations, Technology, Control functions) in order to effectively deliver
- Understand the project subject matter and context, including regulatory environment. Apply knowledge in assessing issues and solutions and educates others
- Take initiative in proposing solutions and “thinking outside of the box”, consider impact across business. Collect information proactively and re-evaluate solutions
- Contribute in meaningful and appropriate ways to meetings or calls. Clear, concise and confident written and oral communications ("straight to the point" mind-set). Make results of own analysis understandable, enabling others to accept and buy-in to conclusions
- Build network within GWM including and outside of Strategic Programs Group, across geographies. Get involved in Strategic Programs Group initiatives and opportunities
- Listen to and incorporate constructive feedback, begin to provide feedback to the team.
- Proactively manage relationship with manager, understand expectations of deliverables and is cognizant of manager's and other's perception of performance
- Demonstrate a commitment to acquiring new knowledge and skills; seek to continuously improve standards of work, address opportunities for development. Demonstrate team spirit
- Build understanding of Risk and Compliance policies, undertake relevant training. Identify and escalate risks and issues when identified, works with team to remediate. Understand regulatory environment and regulations related to projects.
- Experience in project management, business development or in a consulting role
- Solid organizational skills required and project management skills a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate key messages, and simplify complex business situations
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strategic and analytical thinker with a drive towards execution and delivering results
- Ability to adapt to change and turn challenges into opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Shows commitment and dedication, and can maintain both a positive attitude and high level of performance on high demand & time-sensitive initiatives
- Highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, delivery focused with the ability to work independently and multi-task
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree (or equivalent) or relevant commercial experience or qualifications.
- Experience in financial services industry and interest in Private Banking
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project & Visio is a plus
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.