Regional Advisory Manager, Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Department and Role Summary Description:
As part of the Global Mobility team of Corporate Compensation, the Americas team provides oversight on matters related to Global Assignments, Permanent International and Domestic moves within the region through policy governance, vendor management, Risk and Control, Tax governance, and Expatriate payroll services while providing specific subject matter expertise advisory on all relocation related matters across the Americas region inclusive of North America and Latin America.
The Regional Advisory Manager (RAM) acts as a primary point of contact for HR Business Partners, business managers and relocating employees for expatriate assignments and permanent moves within the Americas region. In this role, the RAM is responsible for providing advisory services to expedite policy decision, resolution of outstanding concerns and employee relocation with consideration to HR policies, benefit impact and talent reviews. The RAM will finalize and initiate services, expense reimbursement, vendor payments through partnership and utilization of the Global Mobility Operations team members in Mumbai for all transactional activities. The RAM will also coordinate with immigration teams, the expatriate tax and payroll teams to ensure the appropriate set up of foreign assignment pay, tax treatment on expense and review of annual reconciliation of statement of compensation.
This is a very challenging role that requires strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively counsel constituents and facilitate the execution of operational processes under the Global Mobility service delivery model. The ability to understand and clearly communicate policies, programs and all relevant processes is critical for success, as are flexibility, multi-tasking ability, analytical and strong influential skills, to ensure services and deadlines are met by others involved in the decisions and program management.
- Function as subject matter expert for the HR community and business managers on international and domestic policies and processes including optimal policy recommendations, cost review and exception approval.
- Conduct employee briefings on policy, program and process including an overview of expatriate compensation, expatriate payroll, benefits, relocation, tax, vendor services and other components.
- Manage monthly assignment activities (activation/deactivation/change) in partnership with Global Mobility Operations as well as coordination of certain activities such as termination processing.
- Ensure accurate and timely coordination between Global Mobility Operations, Expat Payroll and HRSD/PeopleSoft Administrators.
- Facilitate approvals of expatriate compensation and relocation payments and exceptions in accordance with the function’s Approval Matrix
- Recommend and assist with defined projects as requested.
- As lead for the team, interface with HR operational groups, Risk Control and Self Assessment (RCSA) teams to facilitate excellent working relationships and processes and compliance with regulatory reporting testing and other requirements.
- Strong day-to-day engagement with service providers for the region, including relocation and immigration service providers.