JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:
JPM), is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5
trillion and operations worldwide. JPMC serves nearly half of America’s
households with a broad range of financial services, including personal
banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small
business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they
want to bank: 5,300 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by
phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chase Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2016. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm’s new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Chase Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
Chase Merchant Services is seeking an experienced Payments industry executive to lead a new Program Management Office (PMO) in support of various sales segments and markets. The Head of this PMO will need to be located in Dallas, TX or Tampa, FL and will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end delivery of critically strategic, product and capability driven, technology initiatives across our business.
The PMO leader and team will drive project execution deliverables across Chase Merchant Services, third parties (clients, partners and vendors) and other supporting JPMC lines of business. Chase Merchant Services business segments supported: Product, Operations and Technology.
Projects in this leader’s portfolio will be primarily focused on building out capabilities and products related to: Terminals, Integration & Certification, AML/KYC and Cyber. This leader will also play a key role in the PMOs transformation to Agile by partnering closely with Technology.
The Program Management Director will report to the Head of Business Engineering within the Merchant Services Chief Administrative Office and will be a critical member of the Merchant Services Execution Leadership team that includes senior leaders from Product, Technology, Sales and Operations.
PMO leader responsibilities include the following core functions:
o Team Management: Manage staff of highly skilled Program Managers and Project Managers. Ensure proper training; manage capacity and performance. Ensure internal client satisfaction and adherence to Chase standards and best practices. Build a diverse team and promote an inclusive environment. Achieve strong levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
o Talent Development: Develop team, both in soft skills and subject matter expertise, to serve as strong internal consultants and solutions architects. Goal is for each team member to consistently demonstrate a collaborative, proactive and solution oriented approach to project management versus primarily focusing on progress tracking and reporting.
o Client Centric Project Delivery: Leverage own team to partner with and support various teams across Chase Merchant Services to deliver against client and JPMC partner commitments ensuring on scope, on budget, on time, with exceptional quality. Deliver intended business results (revenue or expense saves) for managed portfolio.
o Relationship Management: Partner with Business/Project Sponsors to proactively set and mange expectations; anticipate needs and prevent escalations. Map business needs to specific initiatives and targeted delivery timeframes; manage overall portfolio of projects. Partner with Planning, Product, Operations and Technology leaders to deliver and improve shared processes along the way.
o Program Management & Tactical Execution: Support the upfront planning of specific projects, including assignment and management of program and project level resources; drive project deliverables across all phases and work streams to ensure business, operations and technology readiness for launch. Achieve firm-wide Execution Excellence objectives.
o Communications & Reporting: Ensure Business/Project Sponsors and stakeholders are proactively kept in the loop and that PMs develop high quality status reporting. Support monthly reporting and deck creation as needed. Escalate gaps in project support.
· Support recent alignment of staff into Product and Capability roadmaps; execute next steps to finalize 2018 execution approach and hire staff to close resource gaps
· Ensure proper Business, Product, Technology and Operations leadership and accountability across this PMO’s portfolio of initiatives; confirm external resources needed in support of 2018 Book of Work
· Establish effective program management and accountability structure for Roadmap leads; redesign performance scorecards based on new model
· Partner with various Readiness teams to better define business related deliverables and project RACI
· Manage day-to-day execution of initiatives
· Support Agile transformation efforts
· Proven project management capabilities with a strong analytical bias; ability to flex between details and the bigger picture
· Extensive experience delivering projects leveraging Agile, Waterfall and hybrid methodologies.
· Ability to influence and negotiate with peers and leaders across multiple functions and lines of business
· Strong general management and leadership skills, including demonstrated success leading teams through significant change
· Exceptional presentation skills; significant experience developing and delivering compelling Power Point presentations that “tell a story” and enable decisions to be made
· Ability to act in a calm, organized, energetic manner in a dynamic environment where there are shifting priorities and demands with tight timelines and deadlines.
· Demonstrated bias for action, creative problem-solving and achieving fulfillment by "creating order out of chaos"; Ability to creatively solve complex issues by using conventional and unconventional means.
· High achievement orientation with ability to lead and motivate others around results. Ability to create a people-centered culture that focuses on performance, engagement and personal accountability.
· Ability to create effective and efficient communication and decision-making processes
· Ability to create and maintain an environment which establishes, communicates and ensures adherence to clear deadlines
· Ability to challenge existing engagement/interactions models across the organization driving improvements in a collaborative environment.
· Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization, including the ability to flex personal communication styles between audiences with different levels of attention and focus.
· Ability to communicate complex issues and concepts in clear, concise and meaningful words and pictures.
· Ability to build trust-based relationships
· Ability to build effective partnerships across the business and influence outcomes without formal authority
· Strong aptitude for technical concepts and ideas
· Proven ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop employees. Ability to lead and manage diverse teams in multiple geographic regions
· Minimum of 15 years of professional experience, including significant time spent in project/program management for business and technology projects
· Strong working knowledge of the payments space / acquiring industry
· Strong understanding of business and management functions in financial services
· Well-rounded knowledge of key software development arenas including requirements definition, functional specifications, technical design, development, test, build/deploy and systems engineering
· Demonstrated ability to inspire and develop high performing employees
· Demonstrated experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams, including geographically dispersed teams
· Strong, proactive communication skills and executive presentation skills.
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.