J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, more than 650 investment professionals provides over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
GRT (Global Research Technology) is seeking a well rounded hands-on technologist that is experienced in building applications that support the Wealth Management investment cycle with the main focus on portfolio management and research functions. The candidate will be part of the development team that works closely with the Front Office users and Technology vendors and develops end-to-end solutions to assist portfolio managers on their day-to-day portfolio construction and risk management needs.
The candidate will be responsible for:
* Working closely with portfolio managers to develop portfolio construction/optimization application.
* Working closely with researchers to implement alpha model, risk models.
* Designing and implementing the next generation of portfolio construction and portfolio analytics visualization tool.
* 10yr+ experience and recognized expert on Java/J2EE.
* Proficient at Excel/VBA experience a plus.
* Solid experience with SQL server (or other RMDS) , data modeling, and performance tuning.
* Strong architecture experience, familiar with backend service oriented architecture.
* Matlab experience is a plus.
Business Knowledge and others:
* Experience of working in financial services, in a front-office environment.
* Very pro-active, delivery focus, strong experience on Agile programming.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
* Deep understanding of cross assess classes markets and wealth management investment process.
* Experience with market data feed/tools such as Reuters, Bloomberg, MorningStar, Factset, eVestment.
* Statistical background is a plus.
* Portfolio Management background is a plus.
* CFA, MBA, and/or Financial Engineering degree is a major plus.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.