As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
•Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
•Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
•Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
The candidate is expected to be able to provide technical leadership and have team leadership skills as they will lead a group of highly skilled developers. The candidate should be very comfortable working with technology and understanding the CIBs business as well as leading a team of analysts, developers and testers.
he candidate will take complete responsibility for project delivery including analysis, solution design, development, testing, user coordination and production release
Needs to build strong partnership with Business, Operations, and other Technology team member
Provide Level-3 support to troubleshoot production issues and assist users with their queries
Overall responsibilities include:
- Manage a complex & varied stream of project deliverables in terms of quality, timeframe and cost.
- Ensure reliability and stability of applications.
- Build, train and develop, depth and skill of technology staff to improve overall delivery stream and quality of our application portfolio
Management and Leadership Skills
- Ability to build relationships across the enterprise with Lines of Businesses, Technology, and Business where relevant
- Experience in managing and building teams - commitment to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Experience in working in large global complex matrix organizations
- Must have excellent interpersonal, relationship and negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively manage a complex and demanding book of work
- Excellent partnership & people management practices
- Cost consciousness and understanding of total cost of ownership
- 8-12 Years of Strong experience in application designing, development and testing for backend server development in C++ and ideally will have some Java experience.
- Strong OOPs concepts and design patterns.
- Good knowledge on any RDBMS (e.g., SQL, Sybase, Oracle), Unix Scripting, Perl, Jenkins.
- Experience with Investment Banking – Accounting domain will be an advantage
- Functional experience in supporting critical financial applications would be a big advantage.
- Expert understanding of distributed technologies, with capability to intervene on a hands-on basis as required
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs developing applications within mature technology environments.
- Analyze potential risks and benefits in using specified solutions to address business requirements.
- Collaborate with team and come up with solutions for any identified problem by team.
- Must have experience in project management.
- Advanced IT, process improvement and problem solving skills.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.