CIB F&BM U.S. External Reporting Project Mgr. – Process Improvement Associate, Newark DE
The CIB Global Program Management team is responsible for the management and delivery of a range of large scale initiatives. Working with the Corporate and LOB business leads, the Project Manager will develop deep knowledge of each project, program operations, and business plan.
The project manager will be both engaged in the management and execution of the overall project portfolio and each individual project liaising with CIB stakeholders, Corporate and Technology. Projects in this portfolio will aim to streamline U.S. External Reporting processes within the CIB.
The candidate should have exceptional communication and project management skills and demonstrate solid judgment and leadership skills, as well as ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a complex environment. Experience in process mapping and process improvement initiatives as well as a background in Finance or U.S. External Reporting is preferred.
Project Management Responsibilities:
The team is engaged in many aspects of the change management process and process improvements across U.S. External/Regulatory Reporting, specifically where they impact strategic planning across the CIB. The primary function of this role will be to execute a process mapping program to document the overall CIB U.S. External process, identify efficiency and control gaps and develop plans to improve the model.
Process Flow Management & Business Analysis:
- Facilitate meetings with financial managers and document end-to-end process flows from system, operating model and people perspective.
- Provide governance for U.S External Reporting related inquires across all CIB functions – performing data consolidation and detailed analysis.
- Provide strategic vision and guidance to drive program agenda to meet CIB business needs.
- Assist with ad hoc regulatory requests by ensuring completion under tight timelines
- Provide management, governance and execution for CIB driven initiatives that impact the U.S. External Reporting space
- Facilitate meetings with Senior Managers and key stakeholders to communicate updates, directional changes and key risks/issues while influencing outcomes and driving resolution.
- Manage multiple large scale reporting projects across various stakeholders
- Provide end to end ownership of U.S. External Reporting projects / initiatives
- Develop program/projects scope, goals, project plans, and milestones
- Manage project timelines and track and execute against required deliverables
- Resolve conflicts and successfully manage project/task dependencies
- Identify and effectively solution for risks, issues and control gaps
- Build proactive partnerships with business and functional partners
- 3+ years of previous Change Management / Project Execution experience (with a financial institution preferred)
- Strong control, process, and project management skills with the proven ability to execute, influence and drive results
- Proven experience driving end-to-end project/change management
- Proven experience in analyzing and transforming operating models to improve efficiency and effectiveness through technology enhancements, process re-engineering, policy, governance and organization structure
- Very strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with ability to synthesize large data sets and identify targeted, crisp messages
- Experience in process mapping/improvement projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio
- Bachelor’s degree required
Associate Skill Set:
- Strong leadership skills, ability to influence outcomes and drive resolution
- Ability to quickly understand a complex matrix of product/reporting systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies
- Ability to understand and articulate business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to compare complex alternatives and select a solution
- Ability to apply creativity to problem analysis and resolution in complicated situations
- Knowledge of U.S. External Reporting requirements and/or CIB reporting processes preferred