A data management tool owner will be responsible for planning the development schedule for tools used to support the data management process. Data management is responsible for collecting meta-data, governance of data elements, creation of rules to monitor the quality of data elements and managing identified data quality issues through to resolution.
The tool owner will work within the strategy lead to implement changes to support a published strategy that takes into consideration goals for data management and its clients. They will work with IT teams to ensure that progress against the strategy and releases is maintained. The tool owner will be expected to communicate progress against projects to a wide range of audiences large and small.
This highly collaborative position requires an individual who has demonstrable product management and ownership skills. The ideal candidate understands that product management is cross-functional and involves development, research, client interaction, architecture, process mapping, resource planning, and general awareness of goals versus constraints. The position will be responsible for driving development according to the roadmap and providing subject matter expertise.
- Responsible for maintaining progress against product roadmaps and balancing internal and client demands against release schedules.
- Collects tactical requirements, from both internal and client sources, translates them into actionable material for the release and shepherds through the delivery process to meet client expectations.
- Helps clients solve problems and craft viable solutions that can be delivered according to the published plan.
- Works closely with IT partners to ensure that product demands are understood from a development perspective and that products are delivered according to a published timeline.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or related field
- 3 to 5 years of product or related experience
- Must have 3+ years experience working within a banking environment
- Experience in taking product requirements and other customer-facing material and converting into agile epics and stories to support the development lifecycle.
- An understanding of the software development cycle, agile development methodology and big data management
- Must have strong organizational skills to plan, organize and schedule resources
- Proven success working with a variety of internal/external teams at various levels of management
- Experience with technical concepts and working with technical staff as needed
- Ability to work independently and develop creative ways to achieve goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and SharePoint
- Experience with JIRA or other tools used to support Agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of meta data collection tools and rule execution engines and how they may be used within a data quality environment preferred.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.