The Oversight and Control Group's (O&C) mission is to solidify an effective Firmwide control framework within and across the lines of business by identifying and remediating control issues with a sense of urgency, regardless of the source. The O&C team will work collaboratively with other control disciplines and will oversee existing control functions as well as the development of new control functions and protocols. This process will enable the firm to engage the appropriate teams in a timely manner and provide the ability to quickly remediate critical control issues across all the impacted areas of the firm.
The Controls Room, a critical component of the O&C organization, functions as a controls reporting and analytics utility for the Firm. Its mission is to provide meaningful management information that will facilitate decision making.
The Business Analyst will serve as a part of the Oversight & Control (O&C) systems management team, responsible for supporting the design and implementation of the Operation Risk platform and related ecosystem. Role will support the work stream lead to gather, analyze, document, communicate and validate business requirements as related to key aspects of the process including loss data and scenario analysis. Role will also require understanding the program context and the business environment related to Operation Risk & Control at JPMorgan Chase and influencing business users and application development teams, maintaining the documentation with appropriate change control processes and traceability, coordinating and working with the technical developers during systems development and testing, supporting user acceptance testing in coordination with the business and assisting the training team to compile job aids and training documentation.
- Assisting the technology team to translate business requirements into FSD
- Perform analysis on completed projects and perform root cause analysis and implement best practices.
- Gathering descriptions and related information for data elements being onboarded
- Ensuring the accurate and timely escalation and resolution of all inquiries.
- Perform analysis on completed projects to identify root cause of issues/challenges and implement best practices to close the gaps.
- Create Test scripts for user acceptance test during implementation phase.
- Master’s degree in Business Management/ Finance or bachelor’s degree in Commerce/ Accounts or equivalent.
- 4-6 years of experience with 2 years of business analysis experience or related experience.
- Must have experience eliciting and writing business and functional requirements.
- Must have experience working with client and systems migration.
- Must have change management and user acceptance testing experience.
- Must have an understanding of AGILE methodology and demonstrated experience.
- Must have project management experience.
- Must have analytical skills and attention to detail in written documentation
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively through influence and knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory requirements, including Basel II/III, Sarbanes Oxley Act, COSO, or similar.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational risk management practices and controls
- Demonstrated understanding of Data Management activities.
o Business definition for data attributes
o Understand Business terms usage for reporting
o Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure completeness of Data Artifacts
- Creative problem resolution, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions.
- Experience in working on the SharePoint and traceability matrix.
- Intermediate knowledge on MS office suite.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.