As a NonStop/Tandem Database Engineer, you will maintain and utilize policies and procedures for ensuring that the JPMC NonStop/Tandem environments are performing in the most efficient manner and that the security and integrity of the NonStop/Tandem Pathway and Database environments are configured, implemented and maintained to the highest Bank and industry standards. Daily, project and program interaction targeted at Pathway and Database designs, configurations, placement, data access and table maintenance, resolution of Pathway and Database performance, database capacity, replication and other distributed data issues. Support daily or emergency procedures to resolve issues in production environments. Support the efforts of installing and maintaining Pathway and Database management and replication software.
In addition, the following specific skills are a requirement:
· 3 to 5 years of work experience in NonStop/Tandem.
· Solid skills in related System, Application and Database design, replication, performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures.
· Strong Database Management skills, including backup and database recovery procedures.
· Strong understanding of Automation and the ability to automate repeatable functions, metrics, reporting.
· Strong communication skills both oral and written.
· Solid skills in productivity factors and the ability to understand the impact and remedy of problems on overall system and database performance.
· Strong knowledge of fault detection, analysis and resolution processes.
· Strong skills in maintenance tools and procedures.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.