JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. www.jpmorganchase.com
The Corporate Sector Planning & Analysis Group (P&A) supports the JPMorgan Chase Controller and CFO by providing pertinent and timely analysis of the financial performance of the Other Corporate Line of Business (LOB) and each of its business units. P&A prepares the Corporate LOB's quarterly Press Release package, quarterly 10Q, and annual 10K. The group is also responsible for leading the forecasting and budgeting processes, including providing guidance to the business units and reporting and analysis to Senior Management of the firm. As such, P&A operates in close cooperation with the CFO and Business Management groups in each Other Corporate group in order to obtain, understand, analyze and draw conclusions with respect to financial results and forecasts. The group works closely with Firmwide Planning & Analysis, Investor Relations, Corporate Finance Analytics and Corporate Financial Reporting to provide analysis to senior management, provide financial guidance to the Street, and prepare for investor presentations. Other Corporate units include Global Real Estate, Enterprise Technology, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Oversight & Control, Corporate Responsibility, and various other Corporate groups.
The P&A Senior Associate will assist the P&A Forecasting team in various activities including:
- Analyzing performance and forecasts for Other Corporate. This will require building effective relationships with all of the business units
- Assist in the Quarterly Earnings Press Release process ensuring a seamless, timely and accurate flow of forecast and actual information to Investor Relations and Senior Management
- Consolidation and analysis of Other Corporate forecasts and budget for use in management reports and presentations for the Operating Committee and the Board of Directors
- Reviewing and writing narrative for the 10Q and 10K reports for Other Corporate
- FX Exposure reporting and analysis
- Forecast, budget and analytics for Corporate Aligned functions
- Develop relationships with outside groups (Firmwide P&A, Investor Relations, Corporate Financial Reporting, etc.) to collect and provide information for use in presentations and reports
- Assisting in the weekly and monthly BD3 forecast tracker submission including clear, concise commentary covering variance analysis and p&l drivers
- Contribute to automation and process improvement initiatives.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
5-7 years financial services industry with prior experience in planning and analysis and/or budgeting and forecasting required
Advanced analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision-making skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in varying degrees of detail and form depending on the audience
Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
Highly organized and control oriented
Proven ability to multi-task and quickly assess and adjust priorities
Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills preferred. VBA/Macro knowledge a plus
Knowledge of financial systems a plus including MIS Essbase and Access Database