JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
JPMIS transforms JPMC data assets to create and commercialize information and solutions that enable consumers, businesses and governments to make better decisions and achieve their objectives. JPMIS also uses Big Data Technology to improve efficiency and information use within JPMC.
Reporting to the Head of Application Development and Production Operation for the Intelligent Solutions Group, this role provides project management support for various JPMIS project initiatives.
Includes all technical application development and operational infrastructure supporting Intelligent Solutions and internal clients. In this role, this person will provide the thought leadership that supports the growth strategy of JPMIS by delivering technical capabilities and solutions across the Line of Business (LOB) landscape. The right candidate for this position has deep technical acumen across application development and production operations, exhibits deep project execution skills, is process oriented, a quick learner, results-driven and detail oriented. This person will build a best-in-class information technology team in support of the core JPMIS strategic objectives.
This person will partner with JPM’s broader community to provide global technology capabilities and thought leadership for formulating, evaluating, and implementing technology and capabilities in that support project ideas and process improvements that enhance the quality and effectiveness of the strategic goals and the efficiency of the Intelligent Solutions’ business operations.
- Oversight and leadership of Projects and Programs
- Definition, implementation and execution of migration methodologies and capabilities to meet the firms goals
- Definition and Implementation of Operational processes and procedures in support of the service
- IT application development related to the JPMIS client applications, client-specific infrastructure, database management, and client service operations
- Working with Chief Technology Office and Data Operations to develop and support reliable handoff of products from development to production
- Managing production schedules and resources in a high value, high mix, low unit volume environment
- Improving processes and procedures to create scalable production capacity to support future growth
- Integrating with other departments to meet company and department goals and objectives and all JPMC operational processes (Change Control, Incident Management, Problem Management, Capacity Planning, Disaster Recover, etc)
- Ongoing support for daily, weekly or monthly jobs:
Monitor daily, weekly and monthly jobs by reviewing daily processing flows and logs
Review work-flow steps to insure governance
Create, publish and review daily, weekly or monthly operational reports
Fix issues when the application/software/data issues arise.
- Work to implement production ready controls that utilize both primary and secondary controls. Design and implement strong control mechanisms and build a control mindset into the DNA or the organization.
- Drive thought leadership and implementation of a strong information security practice. Collaborate across the organization to leverage policies, procedures and best practices while implementing a nimble information Addition of new transformations and calculations
- Assesses information technology control elements to mitigate IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business information
- Responsible for business continuity planning and disaster recovery implementation and testing
- Manage relationships with the technology vendors and third-party providers.
- Innovate new ways of bringing technology to life through creative build and delivery.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strategic, analytical and IT development skills with a focus on strong delivery skills, deep data/analytic expertise along with exceptional client and relationship management skills. S/he must have proven successes in balancing long term visionary planning capabilities with the ability to create, practical and actionable plans that are coherent and understood by all stakeholders. Beyond excellent delivery skills, the ideal candidate will be an innovative, commercially inclined, and a business technology officer with a proven record of creating genuine business value through the alignment of technology, data and business interests.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Deep experience across the full range of infrastructure technical services including: Data Center management, Big Data processing, database management, network services, risk & strategic services, telecommunications, network & storage architecture, security and vendor management
- Hands on approach and detailed orientation to leading technology and data programs
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with data and quantitative research techniques
- Technical skills as demonstrated by web design and development experience; experience using online tools to manage information for groups of users
- Deep experience across the full range of database and business intelligence tools; has a flair for publishing and presenting information in an engaging way
- Experience with “Big Data” technology and capabilities
- Detailed orientation and a commitment to innovation
- A drive to lead through strategic thought leadership
- Strong organizational skills
Building Relationships and using Influence
- Self-evident interpersonal skills with the proven ability to influence and achieve alignment across a range of different opinions and interests
- Recognizes nuances in reading others and leverages these in his/her influencing
- Excellent communicator and listener who is able to present persuasive arguments to senior executives
- Ability to develop consensus within a matrix-managed organizational climate of diverse operational activities (Interface with JPM’s LOB’s and the global technology organization)
Executing for Results
- Possesses an extensive and distinctive delivery track record
- Translates the mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans
- Possesses high levels of energy and endurance
- Rigorously holds oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of individual and organizational performance
Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Information Management or Computer Science
Financial Services background or experience
Previous application development and production operations experience
Successful candidates will have:
- Extensive “hands on” experience with all functions of operations in small-to-medium size organizations
- Financial Services industry experience and familiarity with qualification and acceptance test methods and quality assurance.
- Proven management experience demonstrating a results oriented focus